Cancelled Dish, disposed of LNBF's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nope; NOT, if the equipment is leased or if the equipment is on the property as the the result of "easement" statutes. The landowner does not own the transformer, utility pole, drop/lateral cables or terminal access boxes attached to the outside wall of his home. In case of electrical service or cable, they don't even legally have access to the inside of meter bases and cable boxes.

Dish isn't a utility and doesn't have easement rights. That's why they fought city and state franchise taxes.

Same topic but with a twist. Canceled Dish network since they didn't appear to be adding SciFI-HD or USA-HD anytime soon. Got the box and saw they wanted the LNB's. The thing is that the LNB's I'm using don't belong to them. I had the place wired up with a D500 (110/119) and a D300 (129) before the installer ever arrived. The LNB's are Dishpro Singles. When the installer arrived 2 years ago -- he considered himself fortunate and just plugged the receiver in and got it authorized. I assume the installer just pocketed the Dish/LNB's because he didn't offer them to me.

Thinking of just calling and telling them that I'm not going up on the roof and not even dealing with the ownership thing. I'm in MI and there's definitely a lot of ice/snow on the roof.

Yes the lnbfs do need to be returned... however.. if you return the receivers and remotes.. you wont get charged for the lnbfs. See the lnbfs dont have a bar code(nor remotes)

Just send the receivers and you wont get charged. If you do, tell them you were never told. Another thing you can do is send any dish lnbf.

Also they do use the same dish and most of the time the installer will replace the lnbfs.

Its in the contract to return them but if you are lucky you can get away with it.

Installer never replaced any LNBF's -- these were Ebay purchases and a self-installation from when I had my own 6000 receiver. That being said -- I did call Dish and told them that I wasn't going to go up on an icy roof to retrieve an LNBF and they told me they will waive any fees regarding them.

I did consider just putting 2 old non dishpro LNBF's in the box but then figured they would try charging me for the dishpro converter or a switch if I went that route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)