Cancelled Dish Now they want me to send them the LNB as well???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmcgee_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Kirkland, WA
I Moved into a house that already had a DP dish from the previous owner it was self installed I can tell. So when I moved in it was nice I just brought my boxes from my house and I was all set to go. Well I recently dropped them casue charter made me a offer that was just to good to pass up. So after 25 minutes telling the damn CSR there was nothing they could do to keep me. He says ok well be sending you a box for the receivers I said ok. And we will need the LNB's off the dish. I was like WHAT. You want me to go up on my roof to take those off. He says yes. Is this normal guys?

I have seen them waive that if you tell them you don't have a ladder and you tell them that you could fall. Also request that they send someone out to take it down. They will usually just say don't worry about it.

Dishpointer said:
I have seen them waive that if you tell them you don't have a ladder and you tell them that you could fall. Also request that they send someone out to take it down. They will usually just say don't worry about it.
in most cases I'm familiar with E* will create a w/o for a tech to roll out and collect the LNB..Of course the cust pays E* for that service...

IMHO Dish can kiss my left cheek. The dish was installed previous to me and it was a self install. If they want the damn LNB's then can come get em and bill it to....Dish's End Of Use Policy Sucks 12345 Weliketoscrewyou way, gethosedville, CO

When I upgraded to a vip622 they sent me a box for the 522 and a note in the box said they wanted the old lnb. The Installer took the lnb with him. I called dish and they said don't wory about it. I don't think ive heard the end of this.

I paid 299.00 for the 622 upgrade. Does the dish 1000 lnb's belong to dish. I bought my original dish with a 4000 reciever.

Call them back and tell them that the dish at a poin that makes it considerably unsafe to reach and that it would require fall protection equipment that you dont have to reach safely. If they ask what this means then tell them that when the tech came out he put this harness on and atached a hinged plate to your house with a bungy style rope that would catch him if he fell. This isnt equipment that your regular customer will have and if the csr doesnt understand then ask to talk to a supervisor.

dishcomm said:
in most cases I'm familiar with E* will create a w/o for a tech to roll out and collect the LNB..Of course the cust pays E* for that service...

There is a work order I've never seen. Also, on dish 1000 upgrades we are told to return all replaced LNBs & switches, and I give the customer a reciept for them.
I don't put them on ebay, I RA them to the company I work for. I have receipts for everything.

Van said:
Call them back and tell them that the dish at a poin that makes it considerably unsafe to reach and that it would require fall protection equipment that you dont have to reach safely. If they ask what this means then tell them that when the tech came out he put this harness on and atached a hinged plate to your house with a bungy style rope that would catch him if he fell. This isnt equipment that your regular customer will have and if the csr doesnt understand then ask to talk to a supervisor.

That is how mine were installed. I told the people at chuckie's place and they wanted to charge me a service call to have a guy come by and take them down. Luckily, I had the one from when I had D* and one I got at a yard sale for $2 and to send them instead. Cannot remember what chuckie's "semi-English speaking" rep said they would bill me for a missing LNB, but it was more than you can buy one at Wally World for.

The "tech" (dayum that is liberally using the word) that installed the e* wanted to use the LNB that was there on the D* and not supply the new one, but told him if I was signing for it, was going to get it as the other one was years old.

Unless it is some sort of dish trade in. The cable co here used to have a pile of little dishes out front, showing off. I guess they finally made them clean it up.

I own my lnb's and no one is getting them. I do all my own installing and have never had an install tech in my yard.

Last edited:
1000 and more

Tell them to get someone out there to pick up the lnbf. there is no reason a customer has to climb on top of the roof. as for the 1000, I try to use as much as I can from the original dish as I can because sometimes it is easier. I do RA some stuff back, but I still have a collection of lnbf's and stuff at the house. As for the stealing part, most cable companies have a dish buy back program that if you own your equipment they will take it and offer a discount on their services.

NOTE: make sure next time to the operator ID from the csr you are talking to that way if you happen to fall off the roof you can tell them who told you to climb up there

belawrence said:
Where I live the cable co. tech will take the LNB if you switch to cable.
That's probably because people signed up for the dishout offer.
That offer says the dish owner has to transfer all ownership to comcast.

Extract from http://www.comcastnw.com/dish.htm (this was offer in CA too)
......... Customer is responsible for honoring any contractual obligations with his/her satellite provider. Any outstanding balance owed to Comcast prior to this agreement may disqualify you from this offer. You must transfer all ownership rights of your satellite dish (and related equipment) to Comcast, free of any future claims. You must own the satellite dish and satellite receiver(s) free and clear of any liens. Comcast will remove the satellite receiver(s) and may not collect the satellite dish. C-band dishes will not be removed. There shall be no additional charge to you for removal of any equipment. The satellite receiver(s), remote control(s), and dish(es) shall become sole property of Comcast to do with as it pleases. If the equipment is leased, you must supply a current bill reflecting the lease agreement at the time of execution of your agreement. Equipment covered by a lease agreement will not be removed by Comcast and will remain in your custody. Comcast, its employees, agents and representatives are not liable for any and all damages arising out of the removal of equipment, including damage to or destruction of equipment. Other restrictions and limitations may apply..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)