Cancelled Dish Today

Lots of people.

I personally get joy seeing dishes without LNB’s because it means the customer cancelled.

Not as easy to tell with Directv
Well, if the only Directv dish they have is the original round 18-inch dish, that is a pretty good clue, unless they are still using a really old SD-only receiver. That possibility will not last much longer, though.

Reactions: JSheridan
IMG_0322.JPG

Yupp

it’s all the same crap. i threatened to leave at times, but i have been with them 18 years. it’s costly getting phone from vonage, internet with spectrum, cell phone with AT&T and tv with dish, but i am happy this way. in the end it all costs the same. my only concern is picture quality. i don’t think it has been that good lately

Reactions: pattykay
Many who have stuck it out with Dish after 68 disputes with the loss of the station(s) in the past 8 years. But I think with streaming, and Direct and cable both offering incentives, some have decided to jump ship and probably will not be back. I have talked to several that are getting tired of constant disputes. The only one who really loses is the viewer. Sure Dish "may" make a better deal, but for how long is the station gone? With Sinclair years ago, KATU/KOMO (ABC) were both off Dish for 6 months. Now is is KGW/KING (NBC) Dish generally raises their prices every year anyway. Would a couple bucks more make that much difference? Satellite & Cable are both losing many subs these day and it will be getting worse. Too much money and people can pick more of their programming via streaming.

Many who have stuck it out with Dish after 68 disputes with the loss of the station(s) in the past 8 years. But I think with streaming, and Direct and cable both offering incentives, some have decided to jump ship and probably will not be back. I have talked to several that are getting tired of constant disputes. The only one who really loses is the viewer. Sure Dish "may" make a better deal, but for how long is the station gone? With Sinclair years ago, KATU/KOMO (ABC) were both off Dish for 6 months. Now is is KGW/KING (NBC) Dish generally raises their prices every year anyway. Would a couple bucks more make that much difference? Satellite & Cable are both losing many subs these day and it will be getting worse. Too much money and people can pick more of their programming via streaming.

A few bucks for each channel or group of channels adds up, especially over time. Plus, the negotiated rates go up every year once the deal is struck. At least Dish is trying to keep it in check a bit, for which I am more inclined to give them my business, but it is just one aspect of the whole package. If Dish had Spectrum's crappy DVRs, it wouldn't matter how low the price was.

Price isn't the only thing that is negotiated during these disputes. We have Autohop, Flex Pack, breakout of locals as an optional package, etc. All unique in the pay TV industry. These things are tough negotiations. So there may be a reason Dish is more susceptible to disputes other than the rally cry of "Charlie".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)