Cancelled Service ... Want My Satellite Dish (Free) (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
Apparently, these are left up to the owner to decide what to do with them; why?!?!?!?

I live in Glastonbury, Connecticut so ideally you'd come here and just take it as I don't want to ship it.

Zashel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 14, 2015
Wisconsin
they dish belongs to the owner because nobody is going to pay to have it removed without sealing up the mounting brackets too. as a consideration i'd usually take down the dish network dish if it was near where i had to put up the D* one, if not i wouldn't bother it. always left the foot plate and lag bolts in though so it was only a half measure.

Reactions: dishcomm

dishcomm

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 29, 2005
suburbia
Same here. The only time I removed an old antenna is if was A) accessible from the ladder B) in my way when I needed to mount another antenna....
If I removed the antenna, I would also the remove the mast. The foot stayed.
I left the antenna behind. Not my property. AND I am not a trash removal and carting company....

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
It's not worth paying someone to remove, also the liability if you get hurt taking it down to send back.

Sometimes I'll also remove the customers Dish Network Garbage. Most of the time I do it to clean up the wiring, so my install doesn't look bad.

But if the other dish is in some stupid spot, then I am leaving it there.

I had like 2 customers complain over the years that I took their old dish down. Both situations the customer was hacking directv, and wanted the dish back up when they could get a hacked Directv system again.

I went back and put 1 dish back up after the lady bitched for a week, what she didn't know is that I lined the dish up on 119 instead of 101

No point in putting up another dish so they can cancel my dish install when another directv hack came available.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I'm sorry but I should have been clearer. The dish is literally sitting on a pole in the ground no more than 5' high so it's easily accessible and removable. I just hate to see things go into dumps and such, so I was hoping someone could use it.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I'm sorry but I should have been clearer. The dish is literally sitting on a pole in the ground no more than 5' high so it's easily accessible and removable. I just hate to see things go into dumps and such, so I was hoping someone could use it.
Take it down, set it out at the curb day before garbage night and a scrapper will be by to pick it up in no time.

ClemSole

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 16, 2004
Tenino, Wa
You may want to keep it, because when you run out of Kleenex for the poor new tv service you are now getting, you may want to use it again.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
What type of dish is it? Can you post up a picture of it?

I'm located about an hour's drive away from you, if it's a Slimline, International, or one of the bigger dishes, I'd probably take it, if it's in good shape. If it's one of the small 18" or 18"x20" dishes, then I wouldn't want it.

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
What type of dish is it? Can you post up a picture of it?

I'm located about an hour's drive away from you, if it's a Slimline, International, or one of the bigger dishes, I'd probably take it, if it's in good shape. If it's one of the small 18" or 18"x20" dishes, then I wouldn't want it.
It's already gone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)