Cancelled Subscribers--Heartening News??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Vicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Rocklin, CA--near Sacramento
Cancelled Subscribers Survey--Heartening News??

Just got off the phone (for the 2nd time in about a week) for a TV subscriber survey—sponsored by Voom. Since I had cancelled my original order last April (due to failure of the installer to show or call), and nearly cancelled again after a bad install on June 1st (and unsuccessful service call) but mainly the bad PQ, I wanted to participate. (I had actually made the call to cancel and was scheduled for July 2nd to de-install, but after reading here that a “fix” was in the near future, I decided to give them another chance.)

I had read here about the other survey (which took about 45 minutes, apparently aimed at current subscribers) so the first call I got, I asked who was sponsoring. The first surveyor would not tell me, and said she would get to that in just a few minutes. She then asked me my age group, my zip code, and who I subscribed to. When I said Voom, she said OK, thank you, and hung up on me—while I was trying to tell her that I wanted to convey my thoughts to Voom!

This time I asked if Voom was the sponsor, and the guy said yes, so I said OK, go ahead. He asked my age group, my zip code, and who I subscribed to. When I said Voom, he kind of fumbled around and finally tried to ask if I was currently subscribed.

When I said “I’m watching right now”, he said “Oh, well, we’re trying to reach people who have cancelled.” Anyway, I started telling him why he might have had my number because of the prior “cancellation” history, and he was very polite and listened to what I had to say. He didn’t go on to ask me any additional questions, so I don’t know if my comments will go on to anyone at Voom or not. However, I was somewhat heartened that at least they are looking to talk to people they have failed with, and hopefully will come away with some helpful insights and fix some of the issues we have all had.

One can only hope!! In the poll on how long will you give Voom to straighten up and fly right, I voted one more month (on about July 4th)—I have since had a change of heart, and am willing to tough it out for longer than a month. But If they do not start getting their act together in the near future (next 3 months or so), I’m out of here—not going to hang around until the last dog is hung! !protest

Vicki

Hey, Vicki...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR VICKI,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!! :D :D :D :D

(I checked out your profile. In some states this may be considered "stalking") :)

TechCop, you live in SC. who was your installer? My friend in Columbia has had 2 calls now from his installer for Voom. His original install was for this Monday. He got a voicemail from them the other day saying they would be closed next week. He gets rescheduled for the 19th. He gets another call today saying they would be closed for 2 weeks instead of 1. Now he's upset. I can't blame him. Are the installers down there like that??

I mean, he already had a scheduled appointment. Why didn't they call Voom to say they were closed and find him another appointment?

TechCop said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR VICKI,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!! :D :D :D :D

(I checked out your profile. In some states this may be considered "stalking") :)
PERVERT! ;)

Voom PQ has me on the verge of cancelling. I pay them $79/month and rarely watch it, just about everything I tune in has PQ issues so I go back to HDNET or OTA. I have such little time to watch TV that I can't be bothered looking at mosquito noise or a bandwidth starved channel.

Given the choice of which service to watch: ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, I always go to Dish for their superior PQ. I know there is little difference on SOME programs, but for the most part Dish PQ is much better. After watching HDNET, I will switch to Voom then switch right back, it's like someone placed a sheet of Saran Wrap over my pj lens. Voom does have some good channels, but rarely is there anything on that I want to watch when I have the time to watch. HURRY UP PVR! This will solve 100% of my viewing issues.

Seeing as how I only pay $17/month for Dish and OTA is free, I have a hard time justifying my monthly payment to Voom.

Voom, if you are reading this, please hurry up and fix EquatorHD. The mosquito noise is awful. The mosquito noise infects almost every channel but it is very heavy on EquatorHD, yet I never see it on MonstersHD. And give more bandwidth to the SD channels. I don't know if I can wait for November.

I've seen the mosquito noise...

but only once when it was really bad. That time it seemed as if someone were screwing with it intentionally, maybe tweaking some compression scheme or tuning on their end. It drove me crazy for the entire program. I have not seen it since, except in isolated spurts.

I'd hate to see you leave just yet DarrellP. I really feel things are improving. Sure, it's disappointing to keep looking for the elusive "upgrade", but it can't be too far away. And the content, even the format, of the Cinema10 channels continues to improve. The DVR sounds awesome, and it's not that far away, either.

Within 6 months of the DirecTV launch, I was a paying customer. Since that time, I left and went to Dish. I had each of them for over 3 years. I even tried DirecPC for a couple of years. Each service had it's own issues. You have to weigh them against the benefits you receive, and go from there.

Right now, I really ENJOY watching TV again. Some of it is the picture quality, some of it is the 5.1 sound, some of it is the content, and likely some of it is awe over the technology. I'm sure as time goes on, VOOM will continue to listen and learn what we want, and continue to make positive changes.

Bottom line - I am very happy with VOOM!

Eddie

DarrellP said:
PERVERT! ;)

Voom PQ has me on the verge of cancelling. I pay them $79/month and rarely watch it, just about everything I tune in has PQ issues so I go back to HDNET or OTA. I have such little time to watch TV that I can't be bothered looking at mosquito noise or a bandwidth starved channel.

Given the choice of which service to watch: ESPNHD, DiscoveryHD, TNTHD, I always go to Dish for their superior PQ. I know there is little difference on SOME programs, but for the most part Dish PQ is much better. After watching HDNET, I will switch to Voom then switch right back, it's like someone placed a sheet of Saran Wrap over my pj lens. Voom does have some good channels, but rarely is there anything on that I want to watch when I have the time to watch. HURRY UP PVR! This will solve 100% of my viewing issues.

Seeing as how I only pay $17/month for Dish and OTA is free, I have a hard time justifying my monthly payment to Voom.

Voom, if you are reading this, please hurry up and fix EquatorHD. The mosquito noise is awful. The mosquito noise infects almost every channel but it is very heavy on EquatorHD, yet I never see it on MonstersHD. And give more bandwidth to the SD channels. I don't know if I can wait for November.
I can only deduce that because of the low bandwidth, low power, and decipher II technology that they are filtering it somehow, dulling down the picture. I find it evident on discovery and Rush quite often. Kinda blurry. HBO looks crisp, must be higher BW. I agree with Vicki. 3 months and seeing what directv adds and if voom improves is going to be the key factors in whether I stay. Voom calling cancelled people can only mean that the churn rate is still very high.

SOLUTION. LISTEN UP VOOM. CUT OFF 5 CINEMA CHANNELS AND COMBINE THE MOVIES, COMBINE GALLERY AND AUCTION. COMBINE RUSH AND WORLDSPORT. DUMP MOOV. USE THE BANDWITH TO DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISED. A PICTURE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSES!

Does anyone know how many HD channels/transponder that Voom is pushing? I've heard 3 but also heard that they have more capacity/transponder than Dish. Anyone know?

Is it possible to mix HD/SD programming on the same transponder?

hey darrellP...you just pay 17 dollars for DISH? you can just get HD channels and pay that 5 dollar fee they charge huh? How do you get OTA HD free?

The installer is coming to take back my voom stb and dish right now.

I get free cable so i really don't give a dang bout SD channels.

babyj said:
hey darrellP...you just pay 17 dollars for DISH? you can just get HD channels and pay that 5 dollar fee they charge huh? How do you get OTA HD free?

The installer is coming to take back my voom stb and dish right now.

I get free cable so i really don't give a dang bout SD channels.
I get my free OTA HD from my Dish 6000. If I dropped the sub on my 6000, it would still work with OTA as long as I have it pointed at a Dish satellite.

DarrellP said:
I get my free OTA HD from my Dish 6000. If I dropped the sub on my 6000, it would still work with OTA as long as I have it pointed at a Dish satellite.

Call Dish and complain about $5 access charge, they'll drop it. Just tell them you'll cancel Dish if you have to pay for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts