Cancelled

I was told by a Field Supervisor that the 1k2, when they installed my wing dish, is too small to effectively pull the signal we should really be getting. He told me that a 1k4 was coming out soon and that I might fare better with it. I missed it.... By the time I got to it, they were no longer available.

Having worked at Hughes I knew what he was saying. All I know even with two dishes hooked up again, I still get rain and snow fade where I didn't when it was first installed.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Was that the same 'field supervisor' that told you that two Hopper 3's would work with one Hybrid LNB and a Dual Hybrid Hub? :p

Was that the same 'field supervisor' that told you that two Hopper 3's would work with one Hybrid LNB and a Dual Hybrid Hub? :p
"Old."

Nope. If you read in the the post, he said they would be coming out with the 1k4 soon. That means a very long time ago. I don't know if any of you knew him, but was the biggest help I had ever gotten from dish (new logo) and very well thought of at dish, his last name is Thursby. No. It was someone with in the couple of years since I was looking as to how it could be done with my current set up or newer gear. But larger dishes do pick up more signal . . . dish may not follow those rules but . . .

I did soon after learn that the Hybrid LNB wouldn't have enough power. Of which someone was gracious enough to tell me on the side. That's all that needed to be said. But no . . .

I'll just have to keep what I have been and am told elsewhere to myself. I come here to be involved, get info and confirmation, not to be ridiculed. That's why I left DBSTalk. . . . :shh

I have a dual to do tomorrow so I have other things to deal with. Thank you, though . . .

Larger Dishes do not get more signal, if you're comparing a .2 and a .4. And if people want to worry about signal, I'd be more concerned with the new Western Arc Slimline LNB's. Signals on those are considerably lower. Typical Western Arc signals I get on .2 and .4 Dishes are 119 - high 70's (Occasionally 80), 110 - high 70's, 129 - mid to high 50's. See what I said there? .2 AND .4 Dishes.

With the Slimlines, those signals are more like low 70's for the 119, mid to high 60's on the 110 and low 50's on the 129

Larger Dishes do not get more signal, if you're comparing a .2 and a .4.

Are you sure you want to make that blanket statement? As a physicist, I can tell you that larger dishes do indeed catch more signal. Now, admittedly, the 1000.4 isn't all that much bigger than the 1000.2. So I am not surprised that you didn't notice the difference.

Dish reflectors are designed with the number of lnb's necessary for them to match.

The WA 1000.4 is defocused to see three lnb's where the EA 1000.2 is focused to see two lnb's.

In that case the smaller dish may actually give stronger signal.

If you want max signal you must use two or three single focus 0.75m or 1.0m dishes (depending on the arc).

Are you sure you want to make that blanket statement? As a physicist, I can tell you that larger dishes do indeed catch more signal. Now, admittedly, the 1000.4 isn't all that much bigger than the 1000.2. So I am not surprised that you didn't notice the difference.
I know what my meter tells me and even that's not consistent since A1 series Western Arc LNBS have marginally lower signal levels than A7 series

Reactions: charlesrshell
I get the 2 week thing, but we're slammed. Techs in our office are working 6 days a week and I'm not seeing the house til after 8PM on average. And this is nationwide. Winter was the slowest I'd ever seen and now we're the busiest I've ever seen

Seeing the same thing here. More Directv to Dish conversions this year (11 this week) than the last 5 years combined. It's not just the channel disputes either. These longtime Directv customers, for multiple reasons, are just fed up with ATT/DTV.

Seeing the same thing here. More Directv to Dish conversions this year (11 this week) than the last 5 years combined. It's not just the channel disputes either. These longtime Directv customers, for multiple reasons, are just fed up with ATT/DTV.

If someone tells me they have anything other than DTV, I’m shocked!

My mom wants to switch to Dish, but is concerned that the ACC Network isn't a sure thing at the moment, and my Dad doesn't want to lose OAN, so they are stuck with D*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)