Cancelling Dish.....how long does it take?

Which seems to be more reliable in rain/storms? I have had DTV, and my parents still do. Even in somewhat hard rain (not a storm), we would lose signal. It's kind of a pain. Uverse's PQ is not as great as Direct, but I'm enjoying having no issues with a signal in the few days it's rained in the past month.

Assuming the dish is aligned properly, you should rarely lose signal, only in the worst storms. Dish or DTV.

I lost signal twice this past Sunday. Once in the middle of the Patriots game. I had to climb up on the roof with a ladder, trudge through up to a foot of snow in places to the peak of my 2 story split level, then clean about 2 inches of slushy wet snow off the dish. Signal came back on. Later in the evening while watching HGTV signal changed to SD because of signal loss on 72 satellite. It was almost midnight at that point so I wasn't about to go back on the roof. So no Sirius music to go to bed by, oh well. In the morning I made the climb and found about half inch of ice covered by a thin layer of snow. Took a car ice scraper to clean it off. That did the trick though. We don't usually lose signal except during sever storms in the summer and with heavy wet snow in the winter. Has to be heavy wet though because 10 inches of the fluffy stuff doesn't knock it out. Weather has been crazy this winter so I have been on the roof 4 or 5 times already. Wish there was a ground location I could relocate my Dish, but with our tree cover there is only one good look through on the roof and nothing else close enough to the house to be realistic within our property line. Given all that I still think it is much more reliable than the cable I had where I used to live (18 years ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)