Cancelling Service and Setting up Service with Different Name

We actually don't live with my mother-in-law and never had, she was just paying for my wife's service(my wife lived alone before I moved into her place). I will try to tell dish again that I would rather just switch the account SS to mine, as that would be easier for me since I am eligible for a new 722. If they don't let me, I'll tell them my intentions.

We actually don't live with my mother-in-law and never had, she was just paying for my wife's service(my wife lived alone before I moved into her place). I will try to tell dish again that I would rather just switch the account SS to mine, as that would be easier for me since I am eligible for a new 722. If they don't let me, I'll tell them my intentions.

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable course of action.

Ok Im just curious how many people here actually own there own Dish retail company like myself....dishnetwork will not activate a new account for this individual until 1st his mothers account has been closed and they definitly will be wanting the equipment returned if it is leased equipment and she definitly needs to make sure she is not locked into any type of commitment because she will be charged a $200 cancelation fee, also when processing the new order for the son, they more then likely will have issues because they will see that there was just a active account at this address and if the mothers last name is the same as the sons they will have the son jump through all kinds of hoops before activating a new account for him such as providing a utility bill with his name to prove he in fact resides at this address and even then it will have to be approved before anyone can activate his account for him and the only way to do this is through a retailer filing a dispute with dishnetwork explaining the circumstance and then they should respond back within 48 hours and more then likely will have stipulations before moving forward on this account.

, also when processing the new order for the son, they more then likely will have issues because they will see that there was just a active account at this address and if the mothers last name is the same as the sons they will have the son jump through all kinds of hoops before activating a new account for him such as providing a utility bill with his name to prove he in fact resides at this address and even then it will have to be .
First of all its His MOTHER IN LAW,
2nd if he has the say last name as his mother in law, I would think he has a lot more problems to worry about then satellite TV.
When a Tenant moves out of a retal property,and a new one moves in ,does that mean the new tenant can't get New customer benifits( even if he has never had E* service in his name) because the Adress has already had E* service? NO WAY!
You guys are saying because his family has E* service, Now he's not entitled new customer benifits. Now wonder E* not adding any subs if this is how some of you guys are running your business.
So that means when your Kids grow up they aren't aloud new customer benifits either then, because they live with you and you have E* service.:rolleyes:
I guess maybe you should call a D* then , Because this isn't how it works there. and sorry to say E* doesn't do business the way some of you are implying. Its not account stacking,or fraud. .

First of all its His MOTHER IN LAW,
2nd if he has the say last name as his mother in law, I would think he has a lot more problems to worry about then satellite TV.
When a Tenant moves out of a retal property,and a new one moves in ,does that mean the new tenant can't get New customer benifits( even if he has never had E* service in his name) because the Adress has already had E* service? NO WAY!
You guys are saying because his family has E* service, Now he's not entitled new customer benifits. Now wonder E* not adding any subs if this is how some of you guys are running your business.
So that means when your Kids grow up they aren't aloud new customer benifits either then, because they live with you and you have E* service.:rolleyes:
I guess maybe you should call a D* then , Because this isn't how it works there. and sorry to say E* doesn't do business the way some of you are implying. Its not account stacking,or fraud. .

Read the OP's last post (#41). It as never his mother in law's service. Se was just paying for her daughter's service. Mom never lived with them.

So your saying if I get married and she moves in with me, I can cancel my service and my wife can set up service and reap all sorts of new subscriber benefits (legally)?

Again this is not the case!

Exactly. The only difference is mom was very nice and paid for her daughter's service.

If when I moved out my mom set up service at my house (in addition o my parents current service) solely for me, your saying when I get marred and my wife moves in, we can cancel that account just to reap new subscriber benefits?

That the mother in law never used the service. So you example of a tenant moving out does not apply.
Its still in her name ,Not the Son in law or Daughters name. So because the mother in law never used the service,thats valid how? E* keeps tabs on whos living in your house now? Just to find a loophole on giving out new customer deals. I doubt it.
This is no different they me giving my mother and step father D* service under my name. So by your thery My parents won't be able to get a new service or promotions if I decide to drop their service or take the service back.
Doesn't work like this at all. Just admit your wrong and we can all move forward.:cool:

Exactly. The only difference is mom was very nice and paid for her daughter's service.

If when I moved out my mom set up service at my house (in addition o my parents current service) solely for me, your saying when I get marred and my wife moves in, we can cancel that account just to reap new subscriber benefits?
No Your implying this not anyone else . Again he's not married to His Mother in Law. So stop bring up the son in law and daughter because for one the E* service is not in EITHER NAME.

No Your implying this not anyone else . Again he's not married to His Mother in Law. So stop bring up the son in law and daughter because for one the E* service is not in EITHER NAME.

Read all the OPs post. My second scenario sounds to me like EXACTLY what happened.

So cool, I get married, I get a free upgrade according to all of you. It's not in my wife's name. Or heck. I have a roommate now. I'll cancel and set up in his name, then I can get a discount and a free 722. We're not married. :rolleyes:

If its in your moms name yes. She doesn't live there so why keep it in her name. If she moved out and took her service with her ,Whats the difference? What if she cancels her service and send her equipment back?

If its in your moms name yes. She doesn't live there so why keep it in her name. If she moved out and took her service with her ,Whats the difference? What if she cancels her service and send her equipment back?

I guess I just have different ethical standards. A loophole does not make it OK. As Claude said, A retailer could get in trouble for this.

Read all the OPs post. My second scenario sounds to me like EXACTLY what happened.

So cool, I get married, I get a free upgrade according to all of you. It's not in my wife's name. Or heck. I have a roommate now. I'll cancel and set up in his name, then I can get a discount and a free 722. We're not married. :rolleyes:
Whats the problem? Theres a law that keeps any person from wanting his own service? Show me. If he's married then No ,your bills are her bills as well. But if his roommate whats his own service, Why can't he? And why can't he have all the benifits of being one. The bill is getting paid isn't it?

I guess I just have different ethical standards. A loophole does not make it OK. As Claude said, A retailer could get in trouble for this.
Why would he get in trouble?. Installing service for a new Customer? What about all the multi dwelling units with multiply dishes and services? Its no different.
What about my tenants that I pay for their satellite service. 4 familys I might add. So your saying if they wanted to sign up for E* they can't because they are already using my service I've provided.
I have 3 Dishnetwork acounts and 3 Directv accounts in MY NAME . Not my Tenants names. They still pay the bill ,Its the rent. They call me when there is a problem or they want more services. They pay for the upgrades as well. And guess what only 1 family in the last 2 years upgraded his service. So it doesn't happen as much as you guys think. I bet 80% of satellite customers don't hardly ever have much account activity.

Why would he get in trouble?. Installing service for a new Customer? What about all the multi dwelling units with multiply dishes and services? Its no different.
What about my tenants that I pay for their satellite service. 4 familys I might add. So your saying if they wanted to sign up for E* they can't because they are already using my service I've provided.
I have 3 Dishnetwork acounts and 3 Directv accounts in MY NAME . Not my Tenants names. They still pay the bill ,Its the rent. They call me when there is a problem or they want more services. They pay for the upgrades as well. And guess what only 1 family in the last 2 years upgraded his service. So it doesn't happen as much as you guys think. I bet 80% of satellite customers don't hardly ever have much account activity.

This is deffinity a grey area!

This person is NOT a new subscriber because the mother in law is considered a family member. Its no different than if the huspand cancelled service and tried to set it up again in his wifes name.

However if the account was setup in lets say a roommates name, and that person lets say moved out and cancelled their service then yes it would be considered a new account based on this situation

But then again, if customer service will not let you transfer the account and tells you that you need to setup a new account then I don't see the issue. But this would have to be through customer service where a commission is not paid to a retailer for setting up a new account. A retailer would just be asking for problems if this was ever audited, unless someone notated the hell out of the cancelled account and the retailer got permission through retail services and had it documented.

I'll take what one of the top Dish retailers says, thank you.

Dish has been cracking down heavily. on this kind of thing recently. There have been several threads about retailer's terminated (and in one case, even sued) for account flipping. Not precisely what this guy is after (I have never said he is trying to defuad Dish), just something to watch out for given the current climate at Dish.

Alright, now I know this is an old thread but just thought I would like to clarify a few things for future reference if someone else comes across this problem.

I AGAIN asked dish if I could just change the name and SSN on the account but again they refused and told me I HAD to cancel and set up a new account. I was treated as a new customer and even got a new 722k(though my unit was broken so they replaced it with a standard 722).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts