Cannot connect my Joey to the internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n82002

Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I just switched to Dish from cable and would like to get my on-demand working on both TVs. I have the Hopper 2 with Sling and a Joey. The hopper is connected with WiFi and seems to be working OK. I am using MAC address filtering so I added the MAC address of both the Hopper and the Joey. However I still cannot get the Joey to connect. I only have the MOCA option and each time it attempts to connect it fails. I don't get the option to put in the WiFi passcode or anything it just fails after a bit.

As I understand the joeys don't have built in wifi but I think you can bridge them(share the hoppers internet connection) by going into network settings, choosing MOCA and pressing the blue button twice. Then the bridging icon should pop up.

Good Luck and let us know if it works!

I just switched to Dish from cable and would like to get my on-demand working on both TVs. I have the Hopper 2 with Sling and a Joey. The hopper is connected with WiFi and seems to be working OK. I am using MAC address filtering so I added the MAC address of both the Hopper and the Joey. However I still cannot get the Joey to connect. I only have the MOCA option and each time it attempts to connect it fails. I don't get the option to put in the WiFi passcode or anything it just fails after a bit.

In your Hopper go to the Network Setup menu (YELLOW – BLUE – 1). Select the red drop down menu that says Wireless and then select MoCA. Press the blue button twice. Click on the Bridging tab that pops up on the right side. Select On and then Save. If the red drop down menu doesn’t say Wireless click on it again and select Wireless. Might as well select Reset Network while you are in this menu. Sometimes you don’t have too. Go to your Joey and check the Broadband Network Status menu to see if it is now connected. The red drop down menu should say MoCA.

On hopper, I got to bridging and changed from 'disable' to 'enable',
The hopper said configuring network,
Then successfully configured,
Now hopper not find joeys, joeys stuck 'searching for hopper', (5min)

Change back to 'disable' and joeys reconnected to hopper, still no joey internet.

On hopper, I got to bridging and changed from 'disable' to 'enable',
The hopper said configuring network,
Then successfully configured,
Now hopper not find joeys, joeys stuck 'searching for hopper', (5min)

Change back to 'disable' and joeys reconnected to hopper, still no joey internet.

Well, sorry about that. Change the Hopper Bridging back to enable. Unplug both Hopper and Joey for about 30 seconds. Plug Hopper back in and after bootup is complete plug the Joey back in and see if that straightens it out.

In your Hopper go to the Network Setup menu (YELLOW – BLUE – 1). Select the red drop down menu that says Wireless and then select MoCA. Press the blue button twice. Click on the Bridging tab that pops up on the right side. Select On and then Save. If the red drop down menu doesn’t say Wireless click on it again and select Wireless. Might as well select Reset Network while you are in this menu. Sometimes you don’t have too. Go to your Joey and check the Broadband Network Status menu to see if it is now connected. The red drop down menu should say MoCA.

Thanks, that's all I needed. I figure this would have been done by the installer but I didn't have my internet connected at that point. I just moved to the new house. Thanks again for the help, I never would have found that bridging option.

Thanks, that's all I needed. I figure this would have been done by the installer but I didn't have my internet connected at that point. I just moved to the new house. Thanks again for the help, I never would have found that bridging option.

Your welcome. Yep that Bridging was a little tricky. I think it will be easier for everyone now that Bridging has a tab now. The Hopper with Sling SW version 311 that updated this morning the Blue - Blue for Bridging has been eliminated. It is now a tab under the Broadband menu (Yellow - 8 -1 - Network Details tab - Bridging tab). I am working on updating the Color Button shortcut list in the Sticky Thread section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)