cannot get AMC 7

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pippin25

Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
I have a 10 ft. dish with a fortec ultra and 4dtv receiver hooked up to it.On both receivers I get most channels, but on one satellite, AMC 7 ( 137 ), I can't get signal quality on fortec ultra. I would like to get the Anchorage, Alaska channels. I have a new 17 degree lnb c band only and system information on fortec ultra is: Lifetime Ultra Fortec Star 2.72 Boot ver 6.1 May 19, 2005 (NT) .I live near Tallahassee, Florida and would like to get these channels. Please help.

What FR and SR are you using? They are on C Band @ FR 3880, SR 25200 with my Satworks 3618. AMC 7 has a NASA channel that you can zero in on. The Anchorage stations are there, I watch them everyday. Good luck.

I get a good clear picture on the 137 degree west satellite through my 4dtv c-band only receiver, but on my fta receiver I can't get any signal strength on the quality bar. The fta receiver is set up as follows: LNB type: STANDARD LNB LOC. Freg: 5150 Polarity: Horizontal Downlink Frequency: 3880 MHz Symbol Rate: 25.190 What else can I do to get these channels?

pippin25 said:
Symbol Rate: 25.190

Sounds like you have everything in order. Different receivers have a variance in FRs and SRs. Lyngsat shows the SR as 25195, as I said, I get it with 25200. Do you have "blind scan" capabilities? If you do, try a blind scan and it will find the variance and compensate for the difference. If you don't, try the above SRs or different combinations for the SR. Also try bumping the dish a little while you have the FTA receiver on the FR and see if the signal gets stronger. If it does, you are on it. Sometimes you can be zeroed in on an analog signal but not getting the digital because the band is norrower and the dish is not on it. Keep me posted.

I have done power scan.factory reset.plug/unplug.and everything you suggested over and over again and still nothing.Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Thanks for all your help.

pippin25 said:
I have done power scan.factory reset.plug/unplug.and everything you suggested over and over again and still nothing.Any more suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Thanks for all your help.

Do you have your 4dtv on an odd number channel? If not your polarity is wrong, and you'll never get them.

Al

From your 4DTV receiver, go to transponder nine (9) and check your signal strength. Try to peak your dish settings to get the strongest signal you can. Then try your Fortec. Try symbol rates between 25190 and 25200 until you get a lock.
Many people on the east coast have trouble getting the Alaska mux. It's not just you.
Good luck.

I am new to BUDs Anchorage Mux

I just got a BUD last weekend not up yet. I got it just to watch the Anchorage feed, I am in Iowa with a 7.5 ft mesh dish. I have Pioneer receiver that came with the dish It can move the aucator and power the LNB. I also have a fortec Ultra for FTA.

From here I really don't know where to go.

The pioneer receiver has c/ku input and has a slot for a card on the back, I don't know what it can do.

i4tas said:
I just got a BUD last weekend not up yet. I got it just to watch the Anchorage feed, I am in Iowa with a 7.5 ft mesh dish. I have Pioneer receiver that came with the dish It can move the aucator and power the LNB. I also have a fortec Ultra for FTA.
From here I really don't know where to go.
The pioneer receiver has c/ku input and has a slot for a card on the back, I don't know what it can do.

Do you have everything hooked up or are we going to start from scratch?

If we are starting from sctatch let me know and we will go through it step by step.

You need to start a new thread since your questions do not pretain to this one, so others can see it and offer their advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)