Cannot get signal on 119w

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jhalv

Original poster
Jun 11, 2005
Hello,

I am new and I have a question.

Here's my situation:

Lost signal due to tree branches budding.
Cut branches to get clear signal.
Had to re-align dish.
Got only signal strengh in the 40's on the even transponders, nothing on the odd ones.
Changed cable, RG6 ends and check 3 LNBs.
Cable length is 140ft, I cannot go any shorter due to other trees in the way.
Now I cannot get any signal at all, nothing on any transponder.
I went through the entire horizontal and vertical ranges, the dish was not aligned but not turned very much, it still pointed in the satellite direction.

Does anyone know what might be wrong? I am nearly at wit's end.

More details please. What Dish do you have, I assume Super Dish, because u said 3 LNBs. What is your Zip Code and what Receiver(s) do you have.

Also 119 is the most problematic because of tree growth, since it is lower on the horizon.

Oh and BTW welcome to Satellite Guys :)

It's only an 18" dish with a single LNB. The receiver number is 311. This is part of a 2 receiver system. I work OTR and take the second with me on my camper. The zipcode is 58401.

ke4est said:
Also 119 is the most problematic because of tree growth, since it is lower on the horizon.
Actually, if it's a 121 SD, the story is a bit different. ;)

ANYWAY - always align a SD by bypassing the switch and directly connecting the outboard (stand-alone) LNBF. For a 105 SD that's the 119, and for the 121, it's 110.

If all you have is a dual-tuner receiver, then connect that LNB to port 1 of the DP34 so you can feed both tuners.

Next, go for the FSS (105 or 121) LNBF - going through port 1 of the DP34 if you have to.

The final DP34 config should be 119=1, 110=2, and FSS=3.

I've had dish now for about 4 years or better. The 119 has started to give me problems also..but mine is abit more weird. This has been going on now for about 3-4 weeks.

Channels 213,214,215 and 205 I can't get from about noon CST to 7:30 pm CST. Prior to noon 205 is okay, 214 is a hit and miss. After noon, it's lights out for all of the above mentioned channels....till about 7:30 pm CST.

Not only that, on my old receiver that's in the bedroom, I can get the above channels, as long as the 811 in the living room isn't turned to any of the above channels. If the 811 is then placed on any of the above channels, I lose the signal on the receiver in the bedroom.

The dish I have is the 500, with twin LMB's.

Tomorrow, the dish guy is coming to check things out.

...oh, zip is 62448

Oops yep your right Simon about the 121, thanks for the reminder.
Sorta dread when the Dish 1000 comes out 129 will be worse.

jhalv: Since it is a 18" dish you are more than likely, looking at 119 and I ran your Zip and you Elevation is 33 deg. So time to move the dish or get out the chain saw. Looks like u have checked all other possibilitys. After re-reading what u wrote, looks like u also tried 3 different LNBF's.

Check the alignment. Depending on how much you turned it, just the general direction won't do it. Other than that, check your mast level (2 ways), double-check your skew and elevation.

Got a receiver to double-check with?

SimpleSimon said:
Actually, if it's a 121 SD, the story is a bit different. ;)

ANYWAY - always align a SD by bypassing the switch and directly connecting the outboard (stand-alone) LNBF. For a 105 SD that's the 119, and for the 121, it's 110.

If all you have is a dual-tuner receiver, then connect that LNB to port 1 of the DP34 so you can feed both tuners.

Next, go for the FSS (105 or 121) LNBF - going through port 1 of the DP34 if you have to.

The final DP34 config should be 119=1, 110=2, and FSS=3.

Im somewhat confused by the last two sentences. In the first one you say connect 105 to Port 1 and in the last one you say connect 119 to port 1. Are you saying something different?

Seadoo said:
Im somewhat confused by the last two sentences. In the first one you say connect 105 to Port 1 and in the last one you say connect 119 to port 1. Are you saying something different?
Yes, after you've got the aim, you change the hookups and then run Check Switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts