Cannot receive HDTV DirecTV Programming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sonicholygrail

Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Receiver: Sony HD100
Dish: DirecTV 3 LNB Dish (built-in auto multi-switch) one coax feedline to receiver

All three satellites received.....signal on ALL transponders.

I signed up for the HDTV service through DirecTV however for some reason, I am not able to receive the Hi-Def programming. I get the message "To Start Service contact customer support at ext 721.....). I called cust service and was sent a new access card which did not solve the problem. DirecTV tried everything....no luck. I cannot receive channel 400 (non-HDTV) either which is strange...do I have an alignment issue with my dish? On SAT-C, 2 out of the three transponders are at 65 signal strength, and the third is at 95. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Can you see channel 90 or is it 99 one of those is the channel they usually have you check to see if you are receiving the correct sats. If 2 of the transponders are in the mid 60s you could have a pointing issue with the dish or maybe trees in the area are blocking it. But you should still get something with a 60s signal. Also did DirecTV activate the receiver correctly have you tried adding the HD pack and see if you can receive the channels ?

Good thnking, minorthr.

Channel 99 should appear whether you have HD activated or not. That is their test channel. If that is not coming in, re-check the alignment of your dish. The transponder test should be the best test, so you are probably on.

Just as an aside...I had a similar issue a while back. Had great signal on all transponders, but still wasn't seeing any channels. Got a message on-screen "Searching for Satellite signal on Receiver 1" from my Tivo. Turns out, the Multo-switch was fried...they came out and replaced it...works fine now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)