Cannot view downloaded movies from Blockbuster 145 error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smoke

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
I have seen this problem posted on a few different websites, but have not seen any solution. My receiver is a VIP722K. Several weeks ago I downloaded a few movies and today started viewing them. When I scrolled down to "The Power of Few" I get the error 145 code "server connection failure - receiver unable to connect to network server" . I was able to download other movies, so my connection is fine, although I did reinstall and test my connection. The problem lies in the fact that I cannot scroll down past the orginal of "Power" to get to the other movies without getting the error code, which completely kicks me out of Blockbuster. If I download a new movie and get the popup that it is downloaded, I can push the button to play it immediately. When I downloaded "Power" it was free, itnow it requires payment. Another poster who had this problem mentioned that same thing, it was free when downloaded, but when they got the error code they discovered it was no longer free--just a thought. There seems to be no way to get rid of or past this "partial download?" in my list. So in summary, nothing has changed on my equipment, connections, etc.

I have seen this problem posted on a few different websites, but have not seen any solution. My receiver is a VIP722K. Several weeks ago I downloaded a few movies and today started viewing them. When I scrolled down to "The Power of Few" I get the error 145 code "server connection failure - receiver unable to connect to network server" . I was able to download other movies, so my connection is fine, although I did reinstall and test my connection. The problem lies in the fact that I cannot scroll down past the orginal of "Power" to get to the other movies without getting the error code, which completely kicks me out of Blockbuster. If I download a new movie and get the popup that it is downloaded, I can push the button to play it immediately. When I downloaded "Power" it was free, itnow it requires payment. Another poster who had this problem mentioned that same thing, it was free when downloaded, but when they got the error code they discovered it was no longer free--just a thought. There seems to be no way to get rid of or past this "partial download?" in my list. So in summary, nothing has changed on my equipment, connections, etc.

Thanks for the information, there is a known issue with the 145 error message and we’re gathering more information to get this issue resolved. In a PM message will you provide me the following to submit the report?

Receiver # -
Smart Card # -
Hardware ID –
Software Version –
Thanks

Just a quick update. Over 30 days has passed and the movie still has not purged itself from the queue (sp), so no movies can be downloaded and accessed from the "My Rentals" section.

Without starting a new topic -- it has happened again with the move "All is Lost". However, I believe I have found the culprit. Did a search of movies using the genre, release date, etc. menu and the movie shows as FREE in both SD & HD. HOWEVER, find the movie by typing in the title and it shows free in SD, BUT $6.99 in HD and asks if you want to rent it. Hit the "*" and it again shows up as free in both formats. It sure looks like whoever coded these in on the dish side made a programming error which is causing the download hangup.

So now my little WIFI adapter is blinking away trying to figure out how to download this movie.

PS -- the first movie with this problem in the above post did purge itself after 6 weeks.

Reactions: Tampa8
Maybe one of the DIRT team could pass this on. All I have gotten from several people is that this is a Known Problem and it would be passed on to engineering -- perhaps not an engineering problem, but a human programming one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts