Can't change Dish programming online

smdriver

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I was just trying to change my programming in anticipation of the football season and was met with a notification that I needed to call to make any changes. is anyone else getting this?

What specific programing are you trying to change?

I'm trying to go down to the 120+ package (from 250) and add the multi-sports package. I suppose I should mention I have a couple of discounts through the AMC deal (one for $5 off for 6 months and another for $10 off for 12 months).

I manage two accounts - one for my parents in NY which has been active for two and a half years.
The other account is mine which has been active for nine years.

I can change programming for my parent's account on-line. However, that option is greyed out for my own account and I must call for changes. DISH tech support was able to duplicate the issue when I allowed them to log into my account on their end.

A few months ago I worked with tech support on this and the final answer given was that I live in Hawaii and that option is not available to us here. Something to do with the ability to turn things on and off for this geographical area.

Perhaps you're in an area that experiences the same restriction?

IIRC, downgrading the core package usually requires a phone call. Adding and dropping a la carte programming is a whole different issue. I'm pretty sure you have to call to remove adult entertainment packages (so you aren't blindsided by the $20 cancellation fee).

harshness said:
?.... I'm pretty sure you have to call to remove adult entertainment packages (so you aren't blindsided by the $20 cancellation fee).

That could be an interesting conversation to hear. Especially with a female CSR: "Are you really sure you want to drop Playboy & Ecstasy? What can ......."

That could be an interesting conversation to hear.
I spoke with a female CSR when the price of Playboy Channel jumped by $9.99 per month and there was no discussion. While the mind boggles at the fun you could have, someone is going to be offended at some point.

One of the nice pluses that you can add and drop online, don't have to deal listening to folks tell why I should not drop channels

IIRC, downgrading the core package usually requires a phone call. Adding and dropping a la carte programming is a whole different issue. I'm pretty sure you have to call to remove adult entertainment packages (so you aren't blindsided by the $20 cancellation fee).

I was able to drop from 250 to 200, drop BB @Home and drop HBO all online yesterday.