Can't decide on a online business name

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one:
Your HD DVD Store: www.yourhddvdstore.com
If you don't really like any of them, and I noticed you didn't mention Blu-ray in any of them, I would suggest:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Store
or since that could be misleading, unless you're also selling the players, you might like:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Movie Store
or perhaps:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Movie Source
At any rate, Good Luck on your Store!

Al

Well, some HD is 720 (minor, but could become an annoyance with customers asking "Do you also carry..."). Also, you mention you are not putting all your eggs in one basket and will support HD-DVD & Blu-ray. That would argue against "HDDVD" in the name.

Maybe www.yourhdstore.com (godaddy wants to sell it to you) or www.yourhidefstore.com (404) or www.hdonline.com (never mine, Herald Dispatch has this) or www.buyhdonline.com (404) etc etc. These allow for future expansion into other related hidef sales, not just movies.

I like this one:
Your HD DVD Store: www.yourhddvdstore.com
If you don't really like any of them, and I noticed you didn't mention Blu-ray in any of them, I would suggest:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Store
or since that could be misleading, unless you're also selling the players, you might like:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Movie Store
or perhaps:
Your HD DVD/Blu-ray Movie Source
At any rate, Good Luck on your Store!

Al

Thanks, yes I plan on carrying the Blu-ray movies also.

Well, some HD is 720 (minor, but could become an annoyance with customers asking "Do you also carry..."). Also, you mention you are not putting all your eggs in one basket and will support HD-DVD & Blu-ray. That would argue against "HDDVD" in the name.

Maybe www.yourhdstore.com (godaddy wants to sell it to you) or www.yourhidefstore.com (404) or www.hdonline.com (never mine, Herald Dispatch has this) or www.buyhdonline.com (404) etc etc. These allow for future expansion into other related hidef sales, not just movies.

http://www.buyhdonline.com should work.

Yep- you don't want the URL too long, and including both DH-DVD & Blu-ray in the name could be a problem if one of them dies out.

You're welcome.

Now, you will, of course, sponsor this site and throw a discount our way, right? ;)

I don't have a player yet. Are you going to be selling either or both? Not that I'm quite ready for one, just curious.

Al

Not really sure. First I would need to find out how I can go about ordering those players.

I did find a HD DVD and Blu-ray disc supplier but they are located in California, and of course I live in NY.

the only thing i can suggest which may help is that having the words hd and dvd in your business name and website address will be good for helping you to get your website ranked in google

hope this is of some help and you find the name that suits you best

the only thing i can suggest which may help is that having the words hd and dvd in your business name and website address will be good for helping you to get your website ranked in google

hope this is of some help and you find the name that suits you best

I know, it's very hard to get ranked in google. I had better luck with Yahoo with my other online business.

My advice would be to not ask in public forums for this sort of stuff since it'd be highly possible if you do find a good name someone could see this thread and snatch it from you really quick.... especailly, since we are talking about rankings... this forum gets a lot of hits and a link from this thread to the new site is probably already getting it hits even if it doesn't exist yet.

I heard a news report one day about ear infections (!) and thought otitismedia.com might be a good name for a media related company. Alas, it's already a medical site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts