Can't Find 110 On Dish 500-any Tips

I have a dish 500 with pvr, I moved from 98640 to canada. I've got great signal on 110 with transponder 3 but not great signal on 119. I dont show a lot of my locals and all I get is liek the shopping crap. What can I do to pick up some channels? Do I need to phone dish and change subscription? If I do...someone give me a number for dish that is not 1800...doesnt work in canada.

thanks

can-dude

Can't get the 110 either

I have the same problem. The 119 comes in great (90-100%) but nothing for the 110. I have a Dish 500 with a Quad LNB. One connection goes to a 811 receiver for a home theater and two go to a 322 receiver for two other TVs. A professional installer put it in two days ago and he spent a lot of extra time working on it including calling an advanced tech at Dish three times! The first thing they tried was to replace the LNB with another unit thinking the first one may have been defective.

He finally concluded that a tree was blocking the 110 bird. That could be but I'm wondering why the 119 comes in so well. (There is good sized fir tree that could be in the way) The installer didn't try covering the one side of the LNB with foil before aiming the antenna. I'm at zip 98675 so the the aiming point is 150 azimuth, 36 elevation, etc.

Any advice before I cut down the tree?

I would try moving the dish to another location and see if you can pick up the 110 sat before cutting down the tree. From what I have read if Candude lives in Canada legally he is not supposed to recieve DishNetwork.

oldwiz said:
I have the same problem. The 119 comes in great (90-100%) but nothing for the 110. I have a Dish 500 with a Quad LNB. One connection goes to a 811 receiver for a home theater and two go to a 322 receiver for two other TVs. A professional installer put it in two days ago and he spent a lot of extra time working on it including calling an advanced tech at Dish three times! The first thing they tried was to replace the LNB with another unit thinking the first one may have been defective.

He finally concluded that a tree was blocking the 110 bird. That could be but I'm wondering why the 119 comes in so well. (There is good sized fir tree that could be in the way) The installer didn't try covering the one side of the LNB with foil before aiming the antenna. I'm at zip 98675 so the the aiming point is 150 azimuth, 36 elevation, etc.

Any advice before I cut down the tree?

What does your switch test show? What satellite is listed under "1", and what is listed under "2"?

The test switch display shows 119 on input 1 and 110 on input 2. Interesting...tonight a signal is coming through from the 110 with a strength of 45-50%, apparently not high enough to give audio and video output though. Reception is verified from both satellites. Things are getting better. The last two days it has been pretty stormy here...thunderstorms, etc. Tonight it has been clear.

I've got a another spare antenna and receiver. I'll move it around the lot and see where I can get a better signal from the 110. Maybe that way I can confirm the tree is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

oldwiz said:
The test switch display shows 119 on input 1 and 110 on input 2. Interesting...tonight a signal is coming through from the 110 with a strength of 45-50%, apparently not high enough to give audio and video output though. Reception is verified from both satellites. Things are getting better. The last two days it has been pretty stormy here...thunderstorms, etc. Tonight it has been clear.

I've got a another spare antenna and receiver. I'll move it around the lot and see where I can get a better signal from the 110. Maybe that way I can confirm the tree is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, it sounds very likely that you have an obstruction, like a tree, causing the low signal strenghth. Thankfully, your 119 signal is coming through the correct side of the LNB, so you don't have the problem descibed above.

You should be able to put the 110 signal meter on the screen and move the dish slightly to see if the signal gets any higher. If you can't get any more signal, it's time to move the dish to another location, or get out the chainsaw ;) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)