Can't find 110 Sat

echoffmann

Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
I have a DishPro 500 and live in Mn area code 56001. I set the dish to the settings that are reccommended for my area (204 / 35 / 110) and get nothing. Changed the skew from 110 to 55 and now I get a signal strength of 113 on 119W satellite. If I look at the signal on the 110W satellite it is the same but says "Wrong Sat - Echostar 119 West". Checked switch and it is reading the LNB at 110W since it says CONN with and "X" so it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

Any clue on what I need to change, skew, azimuth or elevation?

Thanks,

Eric

echoffmann said:
I have a DishPro 500 and live in Mn area code 56001. I set the dish to the settings that are reccommended for my area (204 / 35 / 110) and get nothing. Changed the skew from 110 to 55 and now I get a signal strength of 113 on 119W satellite. If I look at the signal on the 110W satellite it is the same but says "Wrong Sat - Echostar 119 West". Checked switch and it is reading the LNB at 110W since it says CONN with and "X" so it shouldn't be a hardware issue.

Any clue on what I need to change, skew, azimuth or elevation?

Thanks,

Eric
Reset your skew to 110 and don't change it!!!!! :( More than likely your mast is not perfectly verticle you will need to make slight adjustments to the elevation and very slowly search for the satellites. It will take a lot of patience. :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)