Can't find 110 satellite

tmcnews

Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
I have a Legacy Dish 500 (Twin LNBs) and can't find the 110 satellite.

I have covered the 110 LNB with foil and confirmed that the 119 sat was coming in on the 110 LNB. So, I kept the 110 LNB covered, ran a switch test (clearing the matrix), but the 119 would never show up again on the correct 119 LNB after I re-alligned. I think my dish is slightly off. Should I make any minor adjustments to pick up the 119 on the correct 119 LNB (while the 110 LNB is covered with foil)?

I am in Columbia, SC (29204) and have my Dish 500 pointing at:

Skew: 129
Azimuth: 234
Elevation: 37

Thanks for any help you may provide!

TC

First of all welcome to SatelliteGuys....

Do you have a Legacy twin or two(2) duals. So many people get them confused. The impresion I get from what you have said is that you have two duals. A twin is one unit that has like two LNB's merged into one unit that fits on the end of your dish. If you have two separate LNB's, where one fits in one hole(119) and the other (110) you have two(2) duals and or singles.....this is not a twin. Saying all of that if that is the case you should have a SW21 switch in line. If so bypass it with a barrel/double female connector. Feed a wire straight from 119 to your receiver. Make sure you clear the matrix by running a switch test, with no wire connected. Then reconnect the wire going directly to the 119 only until you find it. Once you have it and the signal real good then hook your SW21 back up and then do a switch test. All should fall into place.

Of course also make sure your mast is plumb and level and there is nothing blocking your path(trees, tall buildings, etc.).

I definitely have a 500 Twin. There are two LNPs that merge into one unit at the bottom of the arm attached to the dish where two RG-6 lines hang. I hooked up a SW-21 (which the two lines are now plugged into). Then there is the main line at the other end of the SW-21 that runs into my receiver. I hope this makes sense.

Well if you have a 500 Twin you don't need the sw21. The twin has a built in switch. A twin does have two outputs, so that you can feed two receivers, if need be. If you in fact have a twin then get rid of the sw21 you don't need it. Then as you have said cover the 110 eye with tin foil and do what I said above to really clear the matrix. If you still can't find 119 drop your elevation a little bit and move your dish to the right a little til you find it.

There are two LNPs that merge into one unit at the bottom of the arm attached to the dish where two RG-6 lines hang.
Maybe he has a Twin, but it seems like he may be describing 2 LNBF's mounted on a Y-bracket, with 2 cables feeding through the arm, and then going to the switch. I'm confused.:confused: :D

Here's a link to Sadoun's site with Dish Network LNBF's. Take a look at the pictures and you can see the difference between a Twin LNBF for two sat locations, and a Single/Dual LNBF for one sat location.
http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/LNBFS/DISHNETWORK-LNBF.htm

Then if you do have 2 LNBF's, make sure you are plumb, start with the correct Skew and Elevation, then look for 119 using the 119 LNBF while the other one is covered. Or instead of covering the other LNBF, you could by-pass your switch, so that just the 119 is connected to the receiver. You are probably just a hair off (1/16 to 1/8").

If you have a twin, do as previously posted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)