Can't find 110

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have a 2 Hopper 0 Joey system in my RV with a Dish 1000.2 on a tripod.
I just arrived in Oregon House, CA (I know, I never heard of it either), set up the dish.
I have signal strength of 51 on sat 119, 66 on sat 129, sat 110 is gone missing.
Friday in Salt Lake City everything worked fine. Any idea where sat 110 is hiding or how to coax it out again. I have only had the new system about 6 weeks, this is my second move.
I am missing my DNS HD LA networks, which must have been on sat 110.

My wag: you've misaligned your dish. 129 is coming in on the 119 LNB, while 119 is coming in on 110. The real 110 is being focused into thin air. ;)

Dishpointer.com should have the right elevation/skew/azimuth settings. Azimuth is the one you typically tweak the most, elevation second, skew shouldn't have to be tweaked at all as long as your mast is plumb.

Tip: You can cover the outer LNBs with foil and aim for 119 to make sure you're picking it up on the right LNB.

Dishpointer.com should have the right elevation/skew/azimuth settings. Azimuth is the one you typically tweak the most, elevation second, skew shouldn't have to be tweaked at all as long as your mast is plumb.

Tip: You can cover the outer LNBs with foil and aim for 119 to make sure you're picking it up on the right LNB.

I tried covering the 2 outer LNBs and could not find 119. After more than an hour of figiting with the dish I gave up again, settling for 119 and 129.

I noticed several iPad programs available from Dishpointer.com. can anyone recommend which program works best, easiest, cheapest?
Are there iPad programs from other than Dishpointer?

There is a tree across the road from my dish, how would I know if the tree is hiding 110?

I found that the aluminum foil doesn't work of the multi-switch in the head isn't sset to connect the cable being used to the 119 LNBF. I found using a meter generating a 22KHz which tells the multi-switch to connect the 119 LNBF to the cable.

But I believe the default is to connect the 110 LNBF to the cable which would result in 110, x, 119.

If you are using the receiver as your meter, make sure the satellites for the tuners (all of them) are set top 119 unless you can guarentyee which cable is being used for the aiming.

It could be the tree.

bwexler said:
I tried covering the 2 outer LNBs and could not find 119. After more than an hour of figiting with the dish I gave up again, settling for 119 and 129.

I noticed several iPad programs available from Dishpointer.com. can anyone recommend which program works best, easiest, cheapest?
Are there iPad programs from other than Dishpointer?

There is a tree across the road from my dish, how would I know if the tree is hiding 110?

Dishpointer has a function that shows the LOS height in the direction of the dish. As was previously stated by another poster you can set it to a single LNB 110 dish and check the LOS height. If you know the approximate height if the tree then that's all you would need. If you have no idea about the height of the tree, then one of the paid apps, such as the $10 one would help. Otherwise you could just use the website in Safari.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am having a similar problem. Vip722 connected to a 1000.2 dish with separator. I get 129 in position 1 and 119 in position 2 and conn position 3. Any idea which way I have to go. I have covered the 2 outside lnbs with foil and attempted to get 119 alone to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Move your dish to the left (looking from behind) about 9 degrees, then raise your elevation until you have peak signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)