Can’t find 61.5

sunspot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Centreville, Alabama
I had a 522 and upgraded my TV to a plasma, so I in turn upgraded to a 622.
I was hooked up on a Dish 500 with DPP running one coax lead to my 622 and the other coax to a second reciever. I installed a second dish (Winegard 78cm) with a Dish Pro LNB and I ran a coax from it to the unused input port on the Dish 500 LNB.
I could not get a signal from the new dish even after running the switch test. Next I covered the DPP with foil, had the install menu set for Dish 300. Still no signal.

What should I do next before calling out an installer?

I an located at 32.58N, 86.59W. I aimed the dish to elevation 43.4 Azimuth 139.0

I would hook the cable for 61.5 directly to the reciever if you can and aim it that way. Then hook to the DPPTwin when done

Well it worked, sort of. I got a great signal (98/125) running a direct cable from the second dish and the system reconized the 61.5 satellite. When I hooked everything back up, I still got a 98 on 61.5 but the reciever did not reconize 61.5 Sat unknown. I then ran a switch test and 110 & 119 tested OK but I got a NC on 61.5
Oh, I was able to see the 9902 channel (D61.5) Gongratulations You are pointed at the 61.5 Orbital Location.

Why is my switch test failing? BTW, I have not got HD programing yet.
Tia.

Its quite possible a software issue with the 622. I take it you haven't activated it yet.

What I would do is hook your Dish 500 with the DPP back up, get your signals where you want them. Check switch, then plug your 61.5 orbital back in, then exit the menu to where it says Is the dish mounting and settings correct (something like that), let it do the download, once all done then run checkswitch.

When I hook up 44 switches with the Plus dishes I see those errors quite often before the initial download. I also see it even when just using 119/110 oribitals.

My 622 was activated about 2 weeks ago. I'll be glad to try your advice. I don't have any external switchs on my system. On my way now.:)

:hungry: for HDTV.

Oh, ok. One thing you can do is goto point dish screen lock on the 119, then power off TV2, then shut off TV1 while locked on, let it sit for upto 20 minutes and it'll take the download.

When you activated it, I'm guessing when you closed out checkswitch you got a message in a box that said "Your reciever is not authorized" until you activated it. When you get that message (if you did) that means the IRD didn't take the download, but the above tip on locking on will get you to take the download.

The only other time I see NC is if it's not hitting the orbital slot, or if you inserted the fitting incorrectly in the dual. But as I said before, I believe it's software related under the assumption everything else is correct.

You might want to goto Sys Info and post the version of software you have. I'm sure someone here knows what the current version is.

Good luck.

I have software L365. When I first ativated it took 30-45 minutes for running check lists and downloading information and everything has been fine on the Dish 500. Now hooking up the 61.5 as a direct feed, I have the Sat recognized with a good signal.
Whin I re-hook up the DPP, the system does not see 61.5 except for the same great signal.
All the connections are clean and hand tightened. I am using 3Ghz swept tested coax with compression fittings.

Anything else I can check?

Hmmm..... this is interesting, while keeping in mind I haven't seen your physical setup with my own eyes.

The only thing I can think of at this point is you could quite possibly have a bad DPP Twin.

If you have another reciever I'd hook that up first to see if your getting the same error. Other then that, failed DPP Twin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)