Can't Find A Device Code for My TV

hobie16

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 29, 2008
USA (Full time RV'er
I just installed a new TV in the bedroom. It is an RCA, RLED2445A-C. Can't get my dish remote to control the TV. I have tried every code listed in my manual. I have tried the codes listed in the Remote Control User Guide as well the codes on the Dish Support page reported as successful with my remote and RCA.. I am using a 6.4 IR/UHF Pro remote. I have also tried to program a 20.0 remote which I have. Both remotes control other TVs fine, just can't find a code for this one. I have tried the Scan Mode Setup too, must have pushed the CH+ 500 times, no success. Dish Tech Support was useless, all they did was read back the procedures in the owner manual.

Can anybody give me some help with this?

There is the possibility that the remotes don't have the code for that model.You can try codes for ge,or if you have the original tv remote,you can have the 20.0 learn the power on and off.

Just for yucks, try Thompson
809 & 702

Also try Curtis (Curtis Mathes codes) When I look up the above model number, one of the hits was on Curtis. I haven't had time to check it out, but one of my sources says the C at the end of the model number signifies a Curtis model.

RCA is a sold out/liscensed brand name..AFTER Thompson. No clue as to who actually manufacturers it/them. Makes me long for the good old days!!!

I did a little more digging too, it seems that the RLED2445A-C is an RCA Canada model. Went to their site (RCA.ca) but no support. It figures, since I bought it a WallyWorld. Actually the TV is very nice, great picture, true 1080i and the right combination of inputs for my application; I just have to use two remotes.
I tried the Curtis and Thomson codes not good. Is there a way to have the remote scan without having to push the channel button each time?
Also I tried to have the 20.0 learn the codes from the TV's remote but wasn't successful. Maybe I didn't do it correctly I'll have to try it again.

Thanks for the help guys!

Knowing i will no doubt date myself, RCA, Zenith, Magnavox, Sylvania...those were the go to brands when I was a kid....even the Sears brand whose name escapes me now.....GOT IT...Silvertone!!!

SUCCESS I finally got the thing to work. Never found a code but was able to use the learning procedure to mimic the TV's remote commands. I had tried it yesterday but was not following the steps correctly. So now I have power control, vol and channel that's all I need.

Again thanks for the help

SUCCESS I finally got the thing to work. Never found a code but was able to use the learning procedure to mimic the TV's remote commands. I had tried it yesterday but was not following the steps correctly. So now I have power control, vol and channel that's all I need.

Again thanks for the help

Good deal,the 20.0 learning remote is the best remote Dish has ever made.

Knowing i will no doubt date myself, RCA, Zenith, Magnavox, Sylvania...those were the go to brands when I was a kid....even the Sears brand whose name escapes me now.....GOT IT...Silvertone!!!

Zenith was definitely the most popular brand around here as a kid.There were a few that had sylvania,but not as many.

RCA -> Bought By General Electric in giant deal to end up with NBC, Black & Decker Tools and other stuff. General Electric then spun off electronics (Both GE and RCA) to Thompson (French) ... Thompson. GE and RCA TVs are NOT General Electricric and Radio Corp of America... Only the logos and trademarks were sold, not the name.
[EDIT==CORRECTION: GE SOLD is small appliance division to Black & Decker in order to raise cash after the purchase of RCA. /edit]
Zenith -> Purchased by Korean conglomerate Goldstar. Now LG is as close to the name as you will get to Zenith.
Magnavox (aka Maggot box), first company to introduce a home gaming system--boy I loved my Odyssey 2-- - > "Merged" with Philips (Netherlands). Now TVs are made by Funai (Korea/Malaysia) under license by Phillips
Sylvania - > Was owned by GTE. In the very early 1980s GTE sold the brand name (and nothing else) to Phillips. I think Philco was part of the same deal. By this point GTE owned philco too (Philco and Phillips were not the same company). GTE was one of the major players that formed what is now Verizon.

Philco haven't heard that name in a long time.My grandparents had a philco console tv.

I had no idea Goldstar bought Zenith.I knew that Goldstar became LG,can still use many of the goldstar codes on lg tvs.I still have an old goldstar 4 head super hifi vcr,works just as good as it did the day I bought it.

Philco haven't heard that name in a long time.My grandparents had a philco console tv.

I had no idea Goldstar bought Zenith.I knew that Goldstar became LG,can still use many of the goldstar codes on lg tvs.I still have an old goldstar 4 head super hifi vcr,works just as good as it did the day I bought it.
A "portable" 19 inch Philco was our one and only TV until we got a "portable" RCA color set in 1965. Portable meant they sat on wheeled stands, which we would swivel from kitchen to adjoining family room. STILL have the original Philco box in the attic.

When I was a kid, back in 1948, we had one TV and it was as big as you could get, a 10" TeleKing.....

And I bet you thought it was great.I know I would have.It's kind of funny how things go full circle.Sure we have giant flat screen tvs these days,but now many people watch on 7" or less tablets and phones.

A "portable" 19 inch Philco was our one and only TV until we got a "portable" RCA color set in 1965. Portable meant they sat on wheeled stands, which we would swivel from kitchen to adjoining family room. STILL have the original Philco box in the attic.

I remember those portable tvs.:D That's pretty cool that you still have the old philco in the attic.Does it still work?

And I bet you thought it was great.I know I would have.It's kind of funny how things go full circle.Sure we have giant flat screen tvs these days,but now many people watch on 7" or less tablets and phones.

I remember those portable tvs.:D That's pretty cool that you still have the old philco in the attic.Does it still work?
Read again...BOX!! Old eyes, old brains.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)