Can't Find E*129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jkrob

Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
All,

First time poster here & I need some help if you could. A year or so ago, I got my own E* Superdish Antenna system & ViP211 receiver for when i got my HDTV. I, at the time, though I saw DishNetwork HD was going to be on 105 & that is why I chose the SuperDish looking at 105, 110 & 119. Got it hooked up, peaked & going on my own. I just got my HDTV & come to find out, the HD programming is on 61.9 or 129 (!!). I had an older 18" DishNetwork dish so I got another DDPlus LNBF, mounted it on the old dish, removed the cable from the 105 SuperDish LNBF & connected it to the LNBF on the old dish & started looking for 129 (61.9 is behind the roof of my house from where I have the dishes located). I have the receiver tuning page set to 129 satellite but I can't find 129 anywhere!!

The LNBF I ordered tested fine on the SuperDish. The AZ/EL of the antenna is set to 245/20 for my location here in eastern Maryland but with the old dish design, I can't adjust the tilt/skew to 45.6 Would that much offset keep me from seeing anything? Is there anything else I can try short of ordering a Dish1000?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

I hear you. Last summer I tried to swing a dish from 61.5 over to 129 and couldn't find the sat. It was the first time I had ever failed to find and peak a signal. I ended up having to call a local installer but it even took him about 20 minutes on the roof before he found it. :(

As you're using a single lnb dish, there is no need for skew. 129 is west and lower than your superdish. One thing to verify is the receiver tuning page is set to 129 as you did, but also the TP is set to a live transponder, such as 31. Also, if you are using a 622 or 722, they are a little slow to respond to the signal change; I've had to wait a couple of seconds after each move of the dish. I also find it easier to aim a dish with a single eye lnb without any switches. Direct connect from the lnb to the receiver, then a switch check and aim. After you find and peak, then connect everything and run the final check switch.
Miner

***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

After giving up on finding 129, I looked at the geometry a little closer & found I *could* see 61.9...it's about 10-15 degrees off the west side of my house. I rigged a mount off the side of my fence, connected the dish (still through my DP34 switch) but with the Superdish LNBF's covered with foil. The elevation for my area was 44 degrees so I swept East to West in about a 40 degree arc from 55-30 elevation taking about 30 seconds per sweep. Noting...just the steady drone of "No Signal". After hearing it all late afternoon, I was getting sick of that tone of "nothing". After trying several different techniques and checking connections, (2-3 hours), I gave up I resigned to calling a Dish Network tech to get it. I repointed the dish at 44 deg. elevation & *eyeballed it* in the general azmith. Went in & went through the "check switch" and it came back with "119, 110, 61.5" wait...what?? I finished the start-up and started looking for the HD channels...and...there they were!!! (???) I screwed everything down on the mast, checked again & they were still there!?!?!?! I'm not one to argue with success so I left it alone.

After wasting nearly a full day trying to peak the antenna "properly" it wound up using a generalised "eyeballing" technique worked the best. Who'da thunk?!?!?

Thanks for all the help,
Jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)