Can't find Internet, but I-Connection is fine

JazAddict

Original poster
May 1, 2005
Had been using 1.4 for MONTHS w/ no trouble. Today it started quitting 30 seconds after start.
Came here, downloaded 1.8
Same thing, but at least 1.8 said no internet connection was available.

Error Code: REG204

My internet connection is fine. I'm using it to type this msg.
So I uninstalled all versions. Reinstalled 1.8. Same thing.

I did a regedit search just to see if I could find the setting that is incorrectly set; I saw no smoking gun so I changed nothing.

Lemme guess. Open ticket?
~Heavy Sigh~
Please provide a link to the Bottemless Ticket Openning pit & instructions on what info to provide.

Internet Connectivity Lost

I am having the same problem. I am on the internet but the Timetrax 1.8 is telling me it cant find the connection! It just started today. Is the timetrax server down?

Exact same problem.

I'm using 1.4 still, but it just stopped working this morning at 3:50 am per the log. It had been working for months, and it just stopped.

And it still won't connect to the internet now, even though my connection is fine.

I missed most of the Stern show this morning.

I just upgraded to 1.8, and now it won't even let me register, claiming no internet connection. Like those above, I'm connected to the interent typing this message, and I haven't had problems with this, at least in a while.

I'm guessing something is going on with TimeTrax's server, and that annoying internet connectivity requirement has, yet again, caused catastrophic problems with the software even running.

Last edited:
Uninstalled all, found & installed ver 1.3 and its working at the moment; including recording, reading the current timersched and using the grablist.

At least I can change the channel & we'll see how long it before it crashes. I can't remember why I upgraded from 1.3 . I usually don't upgrade unless I'm crashing or there's a useful feature addition.

Ah...of course. Its decided that my 1.3 ver is unregistered. So I get 15 minute increments. How nice.

I'm having a progressively harder time not resorting to name-calling and cursing.

WOULD YOU, WHO HAVE MY MONEY, PLEASE FIX THIS....NOW!!!!

I just checked the status of all of our systems and nothing is down. Our servers are spread across several ISP's to avoid ISP outage problems.

Hmmmm - our team may contact those of you that are having trouble to do some testing.

David K.

Having the same problem here and my Internet connection is fine also.

Problems worse than usual

It seems like my previous version would die about once a day or so. It happened repeatedly today. I made the mistake of upgrading 1.8 today and have the same problems as the others on this list. I have had no internet connectivity issues with any other applications today.

Any hope that we will have a usable product soon?

I loaded 2.1 yesterday; it worked but wouldn't record.

Today 1.8 works.

Very annoying, do you at TimeTrax care any? I wouldn't call "our servers are fine" much of a response.

Yes JazAddict, we care a lot and work hard behind the scenes all the time. This seems to be an isolated incident. It's a rare case that our technical folks can not nail down the cause.

From a non-technical perspective, I checked the status of all of our systems and also saw and got reports that thousands of users were successfully using Recast.

Recently there have been lots of sporadic problems with XM Online. On two occassions they changed the way that the login and authentication worked on their system, which required us to modify the process in our software. On at least two other occassions, it looked like it was happening again, but we were able to figure out that they were having trouble keep their systems up and running.

I loaded 2.1 yesterday; it worked but wouldn't record.
I would need more detailed information to decipher exactly what was happening in this case for you, but there isn't anything occuring on our end that would allow the software to load, yet not record. It's possible that it is a bug in the Recast software itself, but connectivity or our system issues would not effect one specific function within the software, but not others. If you continue to have problems like this, let me know and I can set you up with someone that can help you determine what is happening.

David K.
Time Trax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts