cant find

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Hi, I want to find the telstar 6 (IA6) satellite and im using this program called Satellite Finder to calculate my Azimuth and Longitude but I cant understand how this works could someone explain me, I need help. Also could someone show me how much I have to subtract. All the information is in the bottom.

East Rancho Domi, CA 90221
Latitude 33° 53.838'N Longitude 118° 12.222'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telstar 6 93.0W 139.8 125.8 42.2 -32.4

Sat name = Telstar 6 (now called IA-6)

Sat long.= Its orbital position in the sky.

Az(t) = true Azimuth

Az(m)= Magnetic Azimuth (reading on a compass)

Skew= rotation of LNBF in its holder
(If its a motor mount it sets its self as the motor moves)

question

Ok, so in my compass the azimuth that I have to look for in my compass is the magnetic azimuth? I dont have to subtract anything anymore?

Correct! Stand away from the dish when taking a reading, a compass is only a guide, you will need to use the signal quality meter and the TV to fine tune!

question

So, When im reading my compass I have to stay away from the dish? what about when reading the signal meter, do I have to keep it away from the dish too?

No, just the compass. The metal dish will make the needle move off of a true reading.

thanks

I will go search for the satellite right now.

Another way to find this is set the dish elv and just swing the dish and use a in line single meter to find some signal. The elv may or may not be right so play around with it a bit.

One you have something find tune the elv to get the most signal. One can program in a transponer or just blind scan to see what the dish is on. If an 18" dish is available then find 91W then point the ku dish 2 degress to the right.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)