cant find

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kaks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Hi, I want to find the telstar 6 (IA6) satellite and im using this program called Satellite Finder to calculate my Azimuth and Longitude but I cant understand how this works could someone explain me, I need help. Also could someone show me how much I have to subtract. All the information is in the bottom.

East Rancho Domi, CA 90221
Latitude 33° 53.838'N Longitude 118° 12.222'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m) El Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telstar 6 93.0W 139.8 125.8 42.2 -32.4

Sat name = Telstar 6 (now called IA-6)

Sat long.= Its orbital position in the sky.

Az(t) = true Azimuth

Az(m)= Magnetic Azimuth (reading on a compass)

Skew= rotation of LNBF in its holder
(If its a motor mount it sets its self as the motor moves)

question

Ok, so in my compass the azimuth that I have to look for in my compass is the magnetic azimuth? I dont have to subtract anything anymore?

Correct! Stand away from the dish when taking a reading, a compass is only a guide, you will need to use the signal quality meter and the TV to fine tune!

question

So, When im reading my compass I have to stay away from the dish? what about when reading the signal meter, do I have to keep it away from the dish too?

No, just the compass. The metal dish will make the needle move off of a true reading.

thanks

I will go search for the satellite right now.

Another way to find this is set the dish elv and just swing the dish and use a in line single meter to find some signal. The elv may or may not be right so play around with it a bit.

One you have something find tune the elv to get the most signal. One can program in a transponer or just blind scan to see what the dish is on. If an 18" dish is available then find 91W then point the ku dish 2 degress to the right.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)