cant get 921 to work with dvd burner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
hey i got a phillips dvdr 615 for christmas. hooked up the componate cables from the 921 to the input componate on the dvd burner. at times i get no signal.. i put the 921 to 480p and all i get is the screen split in half with a big black bar in the middle and mirror images on both sides of the black bar. the image is red btw. i have tryed switching componate cables to no avail. it works on standered ports. video w/ red and white audio connected. it would be nice if i can get this working so i can get the best pq posibble with the dvd burner. and i take it there is no way to hook up the usb port to the i link to burn faster or get better pq. it would be nice. thanks.

It has to be in SD also. I burn DVDs all the time and never have a problem. If you are still having problems PM me an I will try to help you troubleshoot, although my access to my computer will be limited this week

If by "SD" you mean 4:3 aspect ratio, that's my thought.

Seems to me that trying to stuff 16:9 into a device that can't handle it would do something like what Bob is seeing.

Bob: Check your manual for what types of signal (resolution & aspect ratio) are allowed on which ports.

sorry guys for not being on. been busy in dnsc land.. i will check my manual tonight.. allthough i think it can only do 480i.. but heres my thing when i switch from 480p to 480i on the hddvr it automaticaly switches from hd mode to sd mode wich inturn renders my componets on the 921 useless. i just wish there was a way around this to where the componates passed 480i.. that would solve my prob i think.

The component outputs of the 921 will only do 480P. The DVD Burner inputs are only 480I. There's your problem. I looked seriously at the 615 burner too, until I figured I wouldn't be able to use the component inputs. Until DISH gives the option of outputting 480I over component, SVHS will be your best bet.

DVD Burners

I have a Sony RDR GX300 and it has an option to out put in progressive or not to. When I select progressive I get 480p on both a 811 (non HD channels) and a 522. It will also record off of the HD channel, but outputs it 480p.

yea i didnt figure that one out untill it was too late.. it seems kind of studpid to put a product out that wont do 480 i on componate. hopefully dish will give us that option soon.. all i want to do is back up movies that i record so that way if the 921 goes south.. i will have a copy and i wont loose the movies. so i guess im stuck with av's for now.

Sony

I have mine cabled this way: S-video out to the Sony then Component video to my receiver and from there component video to the tv. Now I have to use the av for left and right audio but, the Sony will still let me output Digital formats with on board circuitry. Does you're recorder have a button for Progressive output?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts