Can't get channel 2 WBBM Chicago

DMARR35

Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I can't get channel 2 Chicago .We tried every direction all other stations are fine.Channel 2 I am told is a VHF station. They installed a square shooter ant.Can anyone help I talked to VOOM and they gave me the ok but the installer say's the only antenna that may work is 8 feet long.Can I install a inside antenna myself or does anyone from Chicago have any ideas I live in Homer Glen,IL..Thank You

I think the square shooter is UHF only. Is channel 2 the digital channel or do they broadcast the digital signal for analog channel 2 on a different RF? Check antennaweb.org to find out the correct RF. If the RF is channel 2 then you will need a VHF antenna that will be about 8 feet long. In NYC where I am, only one digital channel was broadcasting on a VHF and that was on RF channel 12 which is the shortest "arm" on a VHF antenna but it is still about 3 ft. If you find out that you only need to pick up one VHF channel and not all the VHFs that are broadcasting analog then you can look for a "cut antenna" which is an antenna designed to pick up only one VHF channel.

Thank You

Thanks I'm Going To Try To Get The Install Approved For A V4 Mkii With A Uhf/vhf Combiner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)