cant get IA5 with a Invacom quad

Status
Please reply by conversation.

motz

Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Hi guys,

I have just connected a Invacom Quad LNB to my 90 cm Fortec dish with h-h motor and to my Pansat 2700A through a diseqc switch and I'm having some problems. When I went on the roof to set-up the dish, I took an old Pansat 2500A receiver, aimed for G25KU (former T-5KU) and through the direct connection to receiver I've got a 60% quality signal which is very good for my area (Toronto, Ontario, Canada). Hooked the connectins back to diseqc, came down and hooked the 2700A and did not get any quality indication. Re-connected the 2500A, I can see the quality strength (same 60%) but when I do the sat scan I only get about 50 channels out of the approx.130. My set up in the 2700 is LNB to Universal 1 and I've tried all the possible set-up changes and could not get it to see the signal. Can anybody help me with some reccomendation ? Thanks

Last edited:
The QPH031 Quad LNBF has a STANDARD linear side, not UNIVERSAL. So make sure you select 10750 as L.O. frequency.

Good luck :)

The QPH031 Quad LNBF has a STANDARD linear side, not UNIVERSAL. So make sure you select 10750 as L.O. frequency.

Good luck :)

Thanks Sadoun,

I just tried that. Set the LNB for Standard (should the 22KHZ switch be on or off ?), frequency to 10750 but I'm only getting signal strength on TPs 36,35 and 34 and nothing else. If I switch LNB to Universal 1, I get signal strength on TPs 22 to 33. This is on my Pansat 2500A, I did not even try on the 2700. What could it be ? Something is cutting in the frequency.
Thanks.

My guess would be you've lost partial LOS (line of sight), meaning the weight of the Invacom Quad has altered the former position of the dish. You should try to re-align the dish and see if you can't improve the quality signal.

Al

My guess would be you've lost partial LOS (line of sight), meaning the weight of the Invacom Quad has altered the former position of the dish. You should try to re-align the dish and see if you can't improve the quality signal.

Al

Thanks.
Strange, the signal strength is pretty good (62%), never had this strong before. If is set the LNB to Standard, I ger quality on TPs 22 to 33, if I set it to Universal 1 , I get quality on TPs 34 to 36. Is this the correct setup ? From C and L connection on LNB to Diseqc ports 1 and 2, from Diseqc output to LNB connection on the H-H motor and from RECEIVER connection on motor to Pansat receiver. Does anybody have a Invacom quad connectred to a Pansat ?
Thanks.

Don't even bother messing with the Universal setting. The QPH031 is not an Universal type LNBF.

Each model and brand of receivers have different frequencies preprogrammed in different TPs. It would be more useful if you stated the frequencies and polarities of the signals that have signal quality. Also, preprogrammed frequencies are often outdated and there is no longer a signal at that setting.

Try these tests:

Select Galaxy25 (IA5) ku from the satellite list. Set the LNB type to Standard / LO 10750, set the DiSEqC setting to port 1, and the TP to 12177
Run a coax cable from the receiver to the L input of the QPH031. Quality?
If so, perform a Power Scan (Blind Scan) are all channels coming in?

Connect the cable from the receiver to the SG2100 REC port and a cable from the SG2100 LNB port directly to the L port of the QPH031. Are all channels still coming in? If so, turn off the receiver's master power switch on the rear of the receiver and connect the DiSEqC switch 1/L and 2/C.

Turn on the master power switch. Are all channels still coming in? If so, great! The linear port of the QPH031 and the #1 port of the DiSEqC switch are working!

Have you tested to see if only vertical or only horizontal channels are coming in? Have you tested the receiver to see if it is putting out 13vdc on a vertical TP and 18vdc on a horizontal?

Does anybody have a Invacom quad connectred to a Pansat ?
Thanks.
I do, in the Menu, go into Instalation, Antenna Setup, go into a Linear Satellite (such as G10 ku). Then it should look like this:
LNB type - Standard
LNB Local-Freq. - 10750
22KHz - OFF
DiSEqC - #1
Skew - Don't worry about
TP - whatever?
Positioner Setting - USALS (I use USALS) could be 1.2
Satellite Scan - FTA+Scramble

For a Circular Satellite (such as E* or Bev*), it should look like this:
LNB type - Standard
LNB Local-Freq. - 11250
22KHz - OFF
DiSEqC - #2
Skew - Don't worry about
TP - whatever?
Positioner Setting - USALS or 1.2
Satellite Scan - FTA+Scramble

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts