Can't get local chanels ext. 721

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sinebar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2004
Hello all, I had my directv upgraded the other day to recieve local chanels but all I get is a 721 message. I called directv and they said they would send me a new card but my dish doesn't have a totally clear view. I'm wondering if that could be an issue. Would a larger dish correct this situation if the new card doesn't work?

Have you tried reseting your receiver (via Hard Boot)? Or unplugging it from the power outlet for 2 min and plugging it back in. You may not need a new card!

dgordo said:
What city are you in, and what are the numbers of the channel you are trying to get?

I'm in Shreveport Louisiana and the channels are 3, 6, 12, and 24

Smthkd said:
Have you tried reseting your receiver (via Hard Boot)? Or unplugging it from the power outlet for 2 min and plugging it back in. You may not need a new card!

Yeah I went through several different resets with the directv tech who concluded that I needed a new card.

HD channels in Michigan

When will the HD local channels become available for DirecTV, in the Michigan area?

Deke :(

same here

I had the same issue Sunday trying to get NBCE in HD (told me to call customer service x721). CBSE in HD was working fine, and I worked with tech support for about 30 min to try and get it fixed. Multiple reboots, pulling the plug, resets did not fix it. I'm in the Boston area and my signal is around 98 all the time. They are sending me a new access card for the HD receiver. After all that messing around now I don't have CBSE in HD nor NBCE in HD. I hope then new access card fixes them both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)