Can't get local channels in HD

whicky1978

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Clarksville, Tennessee
I have HDTV, and I get the 9420+ HD channels, but local channels with shows like Smallville and CSI are not in HD. Is this normal? Does Dish network not provide these shows in HD?

whicky1978 said:
I have HDTV, and I get the 9420+ HD channels, but local channels with shows like Smallville and CSI are not in HD. Is this normal? Does Dish network not provide these shows in HD?
No. Some people qualify for CBS-HD from either NY or LA, but that would require a 2nd dish.

Hi welcome to satguys :) go to www.antennaweb.org to see what type of antenna you need and what Digital Locals you get. Also one thing to think about with an anntenna is that your local station may be up in digital but may not be braudcasting in hd. You could allways go to your local stations websight to see if they are up in hd or not.. or you could call your stations directly. At the current moment Dish only has CBS hd. On another note most hd programs are braudcasted during prime time only.. with the exception of one soap opera on CBS. Jay leno, SNL, and David letterman are other shows that are in hd during non prime time hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts