Can't Get Locals in Afternoon

reddybp

Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I have a 522 with a Superdish and a DP34 switch. Our locals are at the 105 location. During the late afternoon we loose our locals and the system can't find the satellite at 105. Come back latter and it works okay. If you do a switch check it will show that the 105 location is not working. Called Dish and they didn't know what could cause it and wanted to send a repair person at my cost.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

The only time I ever saw anything like this was spring/fall when the sun was behind the satellite for a while. It's a well documented event, I believe even mentioned on the dish website. But you say late afternoon, so that is probably not what is happening.

Is it a fiberglass dish or the metal one. If fiberglass it is probaly the 105 LNB. I had the same trouble with the locals working at diffferent times. Replacing the LNB cured the problem. It has only happened with the fiberglass dishes for me,

I have my locals on the 105 superdish as well and I have noticed that the signal can drop during certain times of the day and increase at night. However I do not lose my signal. You did not provide your signal strenght however it may be as simple as peaking your dish.

It could be a couple of things. It could be a heat issue when it starts getting hot during the day your 105 fails and when its cool out it works fine then you have a bad LNBF. The other thing might want to check is your line of sight you maybe clipping a tree. During the day the leaves will expand slightly. But most likely its your LNBF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)