DavidZ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I have 3 TVs:

Living room - HDTV
Office - New Sony
Bedroom - Old NEC (about 20 years old)

The 622 is in the living room with the HDTV. The output of the 622 (ch 21 - 69 output/in-home distribution) is split with long runs (about 80 feet each) of coaxial cable going to the other 2 TVs.

Since the 622 outputs on channel 60 (the default), I tune my 2 SDTVs to channel 60 to receive the signal from the 622. My Sony receives this signal fine, but for some strange reason, the old NEC doesn't "see" the signal coming from the 622.

I know the wires and splitter are all good. I've used this configuration sucessfully for years with my DirecTivo and now with Time Warner Cable. Also when I switch these wires back to my TW cable box (which is still operational), it works fine when I tune my TV to channel 4.

I've talked with Dish tech support about this problem, including a level 2 tech. They haven't a clue why the NEC doesn't "see" the signal from the 622 (nor do I). They've offered to send a tech out, but I think a tech would be just as baffled as I am about this problem.

I suspect it has something to do with the tuner on the NEC, which is about 20 years old. This tuner has a 3-position switch (air, cable-standard, and cable-hrc). I've tried various permutations and nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this perplexing problem?

Does your TV have screw terminals for the UHF signal or not? If it does, a coax to screw adaptor would be needed.

In any case, you should select "air" and then tune channel 60.

I have an old Mitsubishi for TV2 and it would not tune correctly either. Had to go through a VCR.

Does your TV have screw terminals for the UHF signal or not? If it does, a coax to screw adaptor would be needed.

In any case, you should select "air" and then tune channel 60.
Ah, yes. That's probably it. I'll try that when I get home tonight. Thanks.