Can't Get Past "Download Software" step of Receiver install

dtrose

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Dallas, TX
On second Hopper now and continue to wait and wait

We get past the acquiring Sat Signal (015) screen and move onto Step 3 of 5 of the Receiver Setup Wizard which is the Download Software step. "......this process should take no more than 20 minutes to complete......Your Receiver will reboot upon Completion of Software Update."

Anybody else run into this? Solo Node has also been replaced. Its hard to tell progress made on the download as there is no progress bar.

Well hell. Now they are taking back ALL of the equipment and coming back tomorrow to try again. They are reinstalling the 922 for a temp fix. I hope there is a better plan of attack for tomorrow.

Similar problem with mine. I'm not an installer, but it seemed to me the problem was that even though I was on EA, it looked for the software on 119, which my dish can't see, so it would hang forever. Tech eventually got a check switch to look at one of the EA sats (62 I think) and finally got the download to work after that. Took 3 hours of trial and error though.

On second Hopper now and continue to wait and wait

We get past the acquiring Sat Signal (015) screen and move onto Step 3 of 5 of the Receiver Setup Wizard which is the Download Software step. "......this process should take no more than 20 minutes to complete......Your Receiver will reboot upon Completion of Software Update."

Anybody else run into this? Solo Node has also been replaced. Its hard to tell progress made on the download as there is no progress bar.

I waited 45 minutes at the 3 of 5 step. I called Dish to see what the issue could be. They said something to the effect of, "I may take up to 4 hours for it to finish". 4 hours? I'd already been there 4 hours. I said screw it, and unplugged the rcvr and plugged it back in. After 10 minutes on the 3 of 5 screen, I got programming. Now I'm having issues with programming showing up on the Joey's. What a colossal mess of a day today.

Today while my Hopper was being installed, the Dish tech called tech support and he suggested that he reset the receiver after sitting there for about 45 minutes. After the reset and going through all of the acquiring sat signals, it came back to the 3 of 5 screen but it finished downloading within a few minutes. I'm not sure if it was just a fluke or not but it worked for us. Kind of had me worried for a sec that it might brick it but it booted right up just fine.

We finally got mine to work last night. Installer was here 8 hours and 25 minutes on Friday went thru 2 Hoppers. Installer #2 came on Sat and was here 7 hours 45 minutes and also went thru 2 Hoppers, replacement of Solo Node, replaced primary Coax to Sat Dish and finally got it working about 9p last night. Now that its working I love it. But what a pain in the a*s install.

Single Node - 1 Hopper. Didn't work, tried Hopper # 2, Didn't work, tried Hopper #3, Didn't work, Finally tried Hopper # 4 - Worked.

I'm aware that 2 Hoppers cannot be run on a single node.

you cant run 2 hoppers off a solo node.

My installer said that from the factory the Hopper is set up for 129,110, and 119 (Western Arc?) and they he had to force it to 61.5, 72, and 77 for the EA I had. He also said that the other installers have been calling him a lot to ask about how he did it.

My installer said that from the factory the Hopper is set up for 129,110, and 119 (Western Arc?) and they he had to force it to 61.5, 72, and 77 for the EA I had. He also said that the other installers have been calling him a lot to ask about how he did it.

I wonder why would they set a default that will be incorrect for about half the installs?? Why not let the check switch find what's there and go...

I had the same problem - stuck on # 3 of setup wizard "downloading software". My installer went through 2 different Hoppers, still no-go. THEN he discovered a wiring error where he had hooked up the node to some coax that HAD been used in my previous install, as a power for a wing dish (to get 61.5...I too was on the Western arc, except for some HD and my locals) ...anyway, Hopper #3 did the trick. It seems that the powered coax may well have fried the first 2 Hoppers. I'm REALLY surprised that they don't have blockers or polarity reversal protectors in there...but that seems to have fixed my particular problem. I'm also quite surprised that so many (seemingly?) different problems end up as the #3 setup wizard problem. Without a progress bar, it is VERY frustrating as you wait for HOURS, when the message says "this may take up to 20 minutes". Now both my Joey's are working, but programming the remotes for them to control the TV is frustrating. I'm not familiar with the newer "40" remotes and the smaller "TV" power button. When you press the TV mode button, it won't stay lit, but instead jumps back to the SAT button ...in reality, the remote WILL control the volume of the TV while in SAT mode and (intermittently?) allows you to turn the TV off if you hit the small TV power button. Last issue is gaining access to my wireless router. I get great wireless reception with m laptop, while it's 2 ft away from my Hopper, but my Hopper has a very low router signal strength, and will not sync with the router - so for now, no Blockbuster and ...honestly I don't know what else I'm missing without the router connection. All in all - a VERY frustrating 8 hour (over 2 days) install but a GREAT picture and improved signal strength over my Dish 1000 - also too many new features to figure out for now - but I'm enjoying them as I learn them.

When the hopper first comes on bring up the menu and do a factory reset. I am an installer and this is the only way I have been able to get it to work everytime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts