Cant get RTPI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dasilvafe

Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
cape coral
i am new here and need a little help, years ago i used a lot of FTA receivers and i had a 36in dish that I used at the house to get RTP International on MC4 satellite.
i did bring the dish to my cottage and i will be using a Viewsat 2000 Ultra receiver, i need help on the set up of the dish and receiver, don't know what to do at this point.
thanks in advance

Are you looking for RTP International - America? Is there a reason you couldn't point your satellite at 97W? I get a good signal on Ku-band on 97w.... 12060 H 22000.

broke post off old thread

I think the OP is saying they use to view it on 101W when it was there. It has moved to 97W a while ago

Hi dasilvafe,

Yes, Galaxy 19 is at 97W. Do you know if your dish has a linear LNB? The circular ones (that are often used with the pay satellite services) won't work for RTPi (or any other station that I'm aware of on Galaxy 19).

You should be set to go! You'll need to mount your dish. Make sure your pole is perfectly plumb first. Then put your dish on the pole; you'll need to aim it at 97W, which you can do at dishpointer.com by typing in your address. This will give you the compass direction (azimuth), tilt of the dish (elevation) and how much you have to twist the lnb (skew). The nice thing about that site is it shows an aerial view on Google Earth so even if your compass is off, you can estimate where you should point it.

Then we'll have to make sure we're hitting the satellite. This is the hardest part ;) You'll need a cheap satellite finder, or have a way to take a portable TV and receiver out to the dish for the best results as you tweak it.

What stage are you at right now?

i have the dish installed, the RG6 in place and connected to the receiver and i will start playing with it tomorrow, hopefully it will not take to long to find the sat and get signal, thanks for all the help

If you are in cape coral (as your location says) here is the info for the dish needed to get 97W

elevation of dish....54.7 (so 55)
azimuth (where to aim in the sky) approx 217 (so SSW)
skew (critical) of the LNB...27 to the left. So if you stand in front of the dish facing it you turn it counterclockwise. There should be some numbers on the holder or the lNB like this

20||||||10||||||0|||||10|||||20

you would turn it to around 27 (may have to be fine tuned once you get the signal)

The Viewsat may still have Galaxy 19 as G25, T5, IA5 or something like that. Make sure it says 97W
The transponder needed is 12060 H 22000 (might be 12058 but as long as its close thats right)
If its not listed I forget how to add it (hopefully someone can chime in)

edit: if its the original Viewsat 2000 I found pics of the one I had
-installation
-manual channel search

from the manual on adding
If you cannot find the desired transponder from the transponder list, you can add it by inputting
appropriate parameter values for a new transponder using the“ F1”key

If it asks for FEC and cant use AUTO its 3/4

remember its quality needed for the signal, not signal strength

edit 2: I notice in the 1st post you mentioned cottage which it sounds like you're not in Cape Coral then so my info above might be wrong. If you give us location we can give better info ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)