Can't get to frontpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

rturnmire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Since becoming a Pub Member, I have not been able to get to the front page.
When I go to the main site, I get the standard header info down through the line that says Forums, Glossary, etc. The next line has the "All times are GMT-4" message. If I logout and go to the site, everything is okay?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

I experience the same thing but the frontpage has no use for me so it doesn't bother me that I've gotta use an un-logged in IE to look...

Same here

I just get a big blue bar below the main menu with the SatGuys Alexa rankings. No error message... just no content.

sometimes at work, mine will do the same thing as above or is slow to load. i think it is more of a connectiviy issue for me, becuase it works fine at home.

I have the issue whether I am at home or at work. No error messages just basically the header and footer parts of the page.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see.

Attachments

• satguy.doc
    187 KB · Views: 122
I can see it after testing this morning, it had been a few weeks since I last tried so i'm not sure when it recovered...

rturnmire said:
I have the issue whether I am at home or at work. No error messages just basically the header and footer parts of the page.

I've attached a screenshot of what I see.

Is this still happening?

If yes is this happening to anyone else?

I think i figured out what the problem was...

If I click the big logo link in the upper left, main page...guys.us
If I click the text link at the top of the forum...guys.us/index.php

The link says "Satelliteguys.us" as in the home page but it's taking me to the forum. I think that's an automated thing and something you're not able to change. You could change it to say "Satelliteguys.us Forum Home" but that would be in the title bar on every page...

I still have this problem. When I goto www.satelliteguys.us , all I get forum links, then a blue square, then the bottom of the page. If I log out I see the news and all the good stuff that is usually on the front page :)

Apparently fixed

Scott,

Whatever was done to fix the issue with the hackers also fixed the problem I was having with seeing the frontpage. I can now see all the announcements.

Thanks and keep up the good work. This is one of the few sites that I frequent and one of the most helpful.

Richard

Try clearing your browser cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)