Can't get video on G3C 4040

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Any idea why I can't get any video on G3C 4040 digital. I get a 50 signal but when doing a blind scan it comes up no channels. I tried manual entering the PIDs and did get one channel listed as: Ch-A but no audio or video, just a black screen???

Yep, lost the TP. on the way to Lyngsat :)

Last edited:
Pete he's thinking of the Equity stuff at 4040 H :D

sikma...50 ain't gonna cut it for signal. I got it at 60-62 and that was good enough to keep the signal most of the time. Something is wacky because the VOA on that satellite I get at 30 stable, yet the Equity stuff at 60 sometimes has drop outs??

I am using my Pansat 1500 to get them

sikma

Can you get VOA or any of the feeds on there? There should be a whole bunch of feeds (they're listed oin Lyngsat...same SR different frequency)

I'd try to tune some of those in 1st, then go for the frequency you want :)

I get tons of feeds, both digital and analog on G3C. I've been watching horse racing, inn channel, et.... and by the way, on some of the racing tp.'s I'm only getting a 25 signal and it does not break up...but can't get 4040??? even with a 50 signal

I had the same issue too. For me, I had to push the LNB in closer (mine is even with the 38 line on the 421 C-band LNB) to get it stronger

By bsc621 doesn't have lines on it....but it's worth a try I guess. Is it possible I'm not inputting the right VPID & APID's. I'm getting them off Lyngsat? Like I said before, when I input VPID & APID for Wings for example, I use VPID:52 APID:51 then scan and get a channel: Ch-A but just a black screen with a signal of 50???? I'm stumped!

can you manually scan the transponder (not a blind scan, just a TP scan)

even though the signal quality says 50, if there isnt enough quality to keep a stable picture, it wont even scan in

The BSC621-2 does have a skew mark on it, its like a small arrow! (I marked mine with a black pen)

Attachments

• Pict0066.JPG
    Pict0066.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 205
I just checked and I am getting all the channels in that mux. Watching retro jams now, listed on lyngsat as 4040 h 29120 vpid 33 apid 32. BTW pcrid seems to match the audio pid on this mux, usually pcrid matches vpid.

Last edited:
I'll try every option when I get home tonight. Yesterday I tried every conceivable combo. including blind scan, tp scan, network scan, manual entry.....you name it, I tried it. "I've not yet begun to fight!"

Hey.

I am new to the forum. This is my first post. I just checked out 4040 on G3C,
I have a good signal on the sat. It is a 70. and steady. I have video and oudio on all the channels but 1. WTXL the ABC affiliate in Tallahassee does not have any audio. I have a Pansat 200a mpeg reciever. And, to my knowledge, it doesn't have a way to put in audio pids. Though I see one lisited for that channel in Lyngesat web site. A little info about my setup: I have a Laux Beta 9 solid dish, a 4DTV 922 reciever and the afore mentioned mpeg reciever. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Don H.

welcome :wave

ABC on that Transponder is AC-3 audio so you need an external audio receiver to decode it (and the reciever needs to be able to output that too)

I dont know if the 200a does 9I know my Pansat 1500 doesn't)

Thanks Iceburg,

I saw That AC-3 audio on the FTA listings you showed and figiured that was the problem.

Thanks again for the help.

Don H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)