Can't Go Home Again: HD fees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
Recently upgraded to the Platinum Pack with locals, having had AT180 w/locals, HD, and HBO/Showtime. I have two 622's (owned), both connected to phone lines. I read somewhere in the forum that the $10/month HD pack, pre-metalliic) is now gone, one must pay $29.99 for that.

So, whereas I was told by DISH, in writing, that if I upgraded to the 622 from my 942, I could keep my AT 180 package as described above, it appears that by changing to the Platinum, I have now screwed myself from ever returning to that same structure? I know I get the full premium movie pack in Platinum, but it is confusing as to which fees are waived in Platinum, and what fees are just "there," viz. "enabling fees." I have good reception for HD OTA, and don't really need the new HD content, after having the Platinum for a while, I think I would have been just as happy with the AT180+. The CSR who signed me up said I would only be paying $5/month more for Platinum than what I had for the AT 180 (this was when I only had one 622, having changed out a 942):confused:

Thanks

When I recently activated my owned 622 (well, it will be as soon as I pay the cc bill!) I had the option to keep the HD Pack/voom or "go metallic", but I was warned that that upgrade was a 1-way ticket. In my case it would have been about $20 more a month on top of the $18 I had just added with the activation. Since my HD LiLs are still quite a way off (next millennium?) and I'm not too concerned about those current M-4 channels I'm missing without the metal upgrade, I decided to keep what I have for now. If the difference was only the $5 you reported then I probably would have gone ahead with it now. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the $29.99 HD pak fee. My understanding is that if you have it you can continue to get it ($9.99/mo. plus $5 for voom if you also get that?), but that all new HD programming (not just enabled) subs will need to sub to the HD Bronze as a minimum at $49.99 ??

I know you waive at least one DVR fee with the HD Platinum, does it waive both?

BRgds...

Call up and talk to someone so that they can lay out what your paying for, as for going back to what you had that wont happen, its a case of a one way street and the cop at the corner wont let you back up the road.

Van said:
Call up and talk to someone so that they can lay out what your paying for, as for going back to what you had that wont happen, its a case of a one way street and the cop at the corner wont let you back up the road.

Yep, that's what I am trying to do, been put into elevator music hell twice now. As to the Platinum Pack fee waiver, per my online statement info shows $0 for "DISH Network DVR Service," two lines; and one entry stating: "ADDITIONAL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 05 TO 6/19 -$5.83; and, "ADDITIONAL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 05/15 TO 06/19 $6.99

Film at 11:00:(

Not sure what the original poster is trying to determine, but it should be noted that if you subscribe at the HD Platinum level, then you are only paying $15/month for the HD tier over what you would pay for the same thing (the All Everything Pack) without HD.

The $15 was $10 HD + $5 VOOM. Now it is just $20 for both (when added to an AT package). It is $15 when added to AEP.

Going from AT180 with HBO and Showtime and HD and the DVR fees to HD Platinum is a great deal

So you are doing just fine going from AT180 to platinum, nothing to worry about you didn't get screwed :)

Here's the difference:

AT180 w/locals $54.99
HD Package $9.99
HBO/SHO $22.99
Additional Receiver $6
DVR Fee $5.98
DVR Fee $5.98
-------
Total $105.93

versus

Dish HD Platinum w/locals $104.99
Additional Receiver $6
----
Total $110.99

So the CSR was basically right on, only $5 more for 17 more HD channels and 2 more premium movie packs, and NBA TV

Last edited:
BFG said:
Going from AT180 with HBO and Showtime and HD and the DVR fees to HD Platinum is a great deal

So you are doing just fine going from AT180 to platinum, nothing to worry about you didn't get screwed :)

Here's the difference:

AT180 w/locals $54.99
HD Package $9.99
HBO/SHO $22.99
Additional Receiver $6
DVR Fee $5.98
DVR Fee $5.98
-------
Total $105.93

versus

Dish HD Platinum w/locals $104.99
Additional Receiver $6
----
Total $110.99

So the CSR was basically right on, only $5 more for 17 more HD channels and 2 more premium movie packs, and NBA TV

Careful, you might get drafted by this board for CSR interpretive duties:)

Thanks so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)