Can't hook up legacy Dish receiver

I think I might try that next. I just tried adding a DishPro adapter (I figured I should probably have an extra one lying around anyways) but I got the same results. The next step is to assume I have really crappy coax strung in this (fairly new) house. I'm gonna run a nice short piece of brand new RG6 through the window and go from there. After that, it's a new LNBF. Thanks again!

I think I might try that next. I just tried adding a DishPro adapter (I figured I should probably have an extra one lying around anyways) but I got the same results. The next step is to assume I have really crappy coax strung in this (fairly new) house. I'm gonna run a nice short piece of brand new RG6 through the window and go from there. After that, it's a new LNBF. Thanks again!

You may want to try a Legacy twin or quad. If you need one, I might be able to help you out.

You may want to try a Legacy twin or quad. If you need one, I might be able to help you out.

If you had your choice between the two, which would your preference be - the legacy or DP twin/quad? I already have a DP adapter now, so I may as well get a DP LNBF if it's got its advantages over a Legacy twin/quad.

i would say legacy. it is older technology proved to work and the there is less thing that can go wrong

I BLAME THE rcvr haha maybe... do you have your roo# PM me it i can pull up the rcvr and determine the replacement options we send 811 to replace now so that wouldnt be bad

Well the receiver itself appears fine ... right now I'm leaning toward a faulty LNBF or lousy coax in the walls.

ok so your 508 is doing fine in both rooms? on the same coax? and the same lnbf? but when you have a 6000 hooked to it it only picks up even... yeah it can be an lnbf but from a tech support view its more likely the recevier if its fine then move onto the lnbf.. as i said more likely the receiver much more but yeah try the new lnbf

1. The remaining steps may require moving equipment. Offer the most suitable option.
  2. DHPP extended warranty for a discounted in-home Service Call
  1. * Please do NOT attempt to get on your roof or adjust your dish.
  2. If the issue is on one single tuner receiver in a multi receiver or tuner install, swap this receiver with a working single tuner receiver in the home. When each receiver is connected, run a check switch on each receiver. Once finished, determine where the problem is.
  3. If the problem stayed in the room, check all connections between the receiver and the dish. Verify there are no loose connections or damage to the cables and switches.
  4. If the problem followed the receiver, the receiver needs to be replaced.
this is the end of trouble shooting that dish networks engineers made

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts