Can’t locate 61.5 and 72.7 simultaneously

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Endotheline

Original poster
Jun 28, 2018
Ann Arbor
I can’t locate 61.5 and 72.7 simultaneously. Can locate both individually.
When I run a check switch I’ve got 61.5 on port 2 and it should be on port 1. Do I turn dish to the right? Do I need to change elevation? Also, I’m getting a 75 signal strength on the 61.5 satellite when on transponder 5. When I initially open the Point Dish screen the transponder defaults to 13 with satellite 61.5. Any reason for this? Thank you.

Attachments

• 0EB1C9AA-266B-47B5-B593-5D8D7DAA2389.jpeg
    0EB1C9AA-266B-47B5-B593-5D8D7DAA2389.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 292
  • FAC71F19-2309-479A-88B6-DCBDA518B615.jpeg
    FAC71F19-2309-479A-88B6-DCBDA518B615.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 309
Why is the System set to "Super"? It has been a while since I went to a Hopper but I don't think SuperDish is correct for a DPP 1000.4 dish.

I assume you do have a EA LNBF head.

As a practice, I always used Transponder 11 or above. Below 11 can be spot beam transponders and you can get strange results.

Reactions: TheKrell
Which LNB are you using? The 1000.4 eastern arc LNBF should be seeing 61.5, 72.7 and 77. If you're seeing 61.5 on the center LNB, then the dish needs to be turned left about 11 degrees. Use the flat sides of the mount to align to the azimuth, not the LNB arm.

I have the eastern arc lnb. I made a mistake, I should have said I need to get the 61.5 satellite on port 3 not port 1. So I’ll try turning dish 11 degrees left. I have a 50+ signal strength right now with the 61.5 satellite coming through port 2. Do you think I need to change elevation? Also when I run the check switch I’m not sure why it shows “Super” under dish system. The other options are dish 300 and dish 500. I have the 1000.4 dish. Seems to be running a good check switch test with “Super” selected for dish system. Thank you

Also, I have the Vip211k receiver. My understanding is that I just need one coax cable connection from the lnb to the reciever. And it should not matter on which port I connect to on the lnb. And I thought that don’t need a separator. Is that correct?

I have the eastern arc lnb. I made a mistake, I should have said I need to get the 61.5 satellite on port 3 not port 1. So I’ll try turning dish 11 degrees left. I have a 50+ signal strength right now with the 61.5 satellite coming through port 2. Do you think I need to change elevation? Also when I run the check switch I’m not sure why it shows “Super” under dish system. The other options are dish 300 and dish 500. I have the 1000.4 dish. Seems to be running a good check switch test with “Super” selected for dish system. Thank you
The ports have nothing to do with it. All three output ports are the same, as the LNB has a built in switch that combines the incoming signal from all the Sats so that each output port has the same combined signal from all the Sats.

Also, I have the Vip211k receiver. My understanding is that I just need one coax cable connection from the lnb to the reciever. And it should not matter on which port I connect to on the lnb. And I thought that don’t need a separator. Is that correct?
Correct, 1 cable from any port on the LNB to the 211, directly. Separators are only for Dual Tuners

I’ve encountered this before with LOS issues. If you’re using a sat meter and peaking for 61 and 72 you should at the highest reach in the 70s for 61. However, it’s common that 72 may show up without 61.5 due to an obstruction as 61 sits at 42 degrees elevation(slightly lower than 72.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)