Can't program in channels on c3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

deg

Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Anyone out there that can help a novice? I have a 922 receiver that I cannot get channels (606, 604, 603, 602, etc) programed in on C3. I do have channel 605, TLC, with the two green lights. When trying to put in the other channels, it says "cannot find channel, continuing to search". No amount of tweaking seams to bring in the channels. Help!

Sounds like a polarity problem. Check your skew. Maybe the servo motor went south.

This might need to be moved to the 4DTV section as it involves a 922 receiver.

I thought I had put this in the the 4DTV section...
Its not a polarity problem, servo motor is ok, all other satellites working ok.
I recently added the 600, 601,602,603,604,606,607 on C3, but could not program them in, even after several hits. This makes no sense to me, when 605 (TLC) is coming in strong. Why would one channel come in ok, the others not??

I recently added the 600, 601,602,603,604,606,607 on C3, but could not program them in, even after several hits. This makes no sense to me, when 605 (TLC) is coming in strong. Why would one channel come in ok, the others not??

My idea of how that situation can happen:

Someone is using less than a 8.5-9 foot dish (or a large dish that is out of whack as far as being aligned on the arc). 605 TLC comes in, but whatever 600, 601,602,603,604,606,607 channels are may not come in because that digital signal(s) is being interfered with by something on G15 whereas TLC's signal is not.

I thought I had put this in the the 4DTV section...
Its not a polarity problem, servo motor is ok, all other satellites working ok.

Are the channels numbers physically missing? if yes Check your TDT count if it is 1920 you will have channel map issues. The Scripps mux 600-607 is very strong, I get 99Q on them. Their SR/FEC is 19510 3/4 so they should work well with a smaller dish, lot's of error correction.

My idea of how that situation can happen:

Someone is using less than a 8.5-9 foot dish (or a large dish that is out of whack as far as being aligned on the arc). 605 TLC comes in, but whatever 600, 601,602,603,604,606,607 channels are may not come in because that digital signal(s) is being interfered with by something on G15 whereas TLC's signal is not.

He could be getting adjacent bird interference, maybe a warped reflector, feedhorn off boresight, etc. If everything else checks out, break out the wrenches and get aligning. Once you learn how it's a piece of cake to keep your dish at it's maximum efficiency. I keep all my dishes peaked to the max.

The channel numbers are there, its a 10' mesh dish, pretty sure its out of whack as far as being aligned on the arc. Wish I had some of you guys knowledge as far as being able to align to the arc. Any pointers?

The channel numbers are there, its a 10' mesh dish, pretty sure its out of whack as far as being aligned on the arc. Wish I had some of you guys knowledge as far as being able to align to the arc. Any pointers?

Ahh... piece of cake. ;)

Here's the best stuff you can read:

Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html#anchor797917

This will make you a pro :D

Since those are all on the same mux, and you can get one of them, I'm inclined to think it's a channel map issue. On the 922 if you press left arrow right after changing to a channel that shows up unavailable you will get a graphic that lets you adjust dish position, polarity offset (skew) and see digital signal quality. Once the graphic is up you can use the channel up/dn to see if you have good Q on the other channels you cant seem to lock. The 920 should behave similar if not identical.

As TVROPro said, check your TDT counter. If it's below 1920 go to G1 channel 3 (watch for green DCII light, like you would to dl the guide) but turn off IRD via remote for ~30 min. to reload the map. If necessary, you can use the ARTS broadcast on channel 5 to peak the sat position/polarity settings for best pic, then go to channel 3, or use the left arrow graphic and one of the virtual channels like 100 or 150 to peak the signal.

It the counter is not less than 1920 you will have to do master reset and start over. :(

At sometime in the passed did you happen to lock onto one of the Anik bird's Ku signal by chance?
If so, bad dog. No biscuit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)