cant receive dishnet 110 sat.

tate

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
I have tried everything that i can think of. I have a dish 500 system with a 4900 receiver and i can only receive the 119 sat. It was working fine, then the 110 went out. I tried re peeking, changeing the cables, swapping the lnbs around, even totally changeing out the lnb's, changeing out the switch, and going directly into the receiver without useing a switch. When I go to the peeking screen, I receive 119 at close to max signal, when I go to the 110 sat, it still showes me the 119 sig level but its in red and says wrong sat.
thanks in advance,
tate

What type of LNB's do you have? You mentioned switching them out and also a switch.

If you didnt move the skew on the dish, run a check switch (its in the install screen). You might want to run it with no line hooked up to clear out the info, then hook up the line and do check switch

Thanks for the response
I have model number nsbf5-506a digital lnb's and when I do as you say, it first says no switchbox detected, then I reconnect the lines and it reads SW21 installed and WARNING- only one sat. detected

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Make sure you have your dish pointed correctly. You may need to turn it.

thanks jason. I spent appx 6 hours peeking that dish. I receive 119 with near full signal strength. also, it was working fine, then only the 110 sat went out. The dish didnt move when the 110 went out, but I tried re-peeking anyway with the same results

run a line from the 110 (if you are looking at the dish with the arm aimed towards you it would be on the left) and run it to the receievr and see if the 110 signal is coming in. If not, then it has to be reaimed.

tate said:
It was working fine, then the 110 went out......
My 301 lost the 110 (and 61.5) feed yesterday but my 811 and 522 were picking up 110 (and 61.5) fine. I reset the switch matrix, re-booted (soft and hard), re-cheked the cabling, etc... and finally got it to work again after swapping one of the 522 feeds on the DP34 switch. One might think that the switch is bad but I'm still am able to see all birds on the 522. Makes no sense to me...

I just did a service call on two 311s of four not working. I pulled all four receiver feeds from the DP34 and moved one that I knew was working to each port. All ports checked out fine. Plugged everything back in, and poof! all four 311s started working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts