Can't Record 3 Things

TikiTantrum

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Kentucky
I have a 1 hopper setup. It will not record 3 things at the same time. Whenever I try the tuner will say "Lost Signal" and if switched to that tuner a pop-up will say searching for signal constantly.

All 3 tuners receive signal. They all work individually. In example I can record something on tuner 1 & 2 and tuner 3 will say lost signal. Or PTAT will record on tuner 3 and something records on tuner 1, tuner 2 will say lost signal if you try to view anything on it.

Tuner 1: recoding show
Tuner 2: lost signal
Tuner 3: PTAT recording

So it's not just recording, only 2 tuners can view anything at a time. Is that clear?

Go to menu -> settings -> diagnostics -> point dish -> checkswitch. Then run the checkswitch test. Does it come back all green and say reception verified?

Could be a bad or missing node. Could be a bad cable between dish and node or node and hopper. Could be a problem with the hopper itself.

Have you tried unplugging it for 10 seconds?

I've done the check, all tuners have signal. The only cable that wasn't replaced on the install is the cable running from the node to the hopper. The cable is branded Directv but says 3g on it.

Okay DISH needs Rg6 to work correctly for satellite . If you have something that says 3g , I 'm thinking that might be your problem.

Probably says 3ghz. Which should be fine as it is solid copper core as well.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Try YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - SEND STATUS - CONNECTION - CHECK SIGNAL

Wait for tests to finish, there will be a matrix displaying the signal strengths for tuners 1, 2 & 3. Depending on the Arc most likely 119 will be the first to show up on Western Arc and 77 will be the first to show up on Eastern Arc. There are up/down arrows by the orbital location that allows you to change matrices to the appropriate sat. What are these matrices showing?

Tiki I had a similar issue with one of my hoppers and as with you,it involved an RG-6 cable that was pulled as part of a movers connection with Directv. It was a cable rated at 3GHZ and was only six months old. The installer replaced every piece of electronics and nothing fixed the issue until he ran a new cable approved by Dish. I don't know how long ago your installation was done but I would contact a member of the Dirt team and see if they can have that section of cable replaced. It could be something else but I would rule it out by having only Dish approved materials. Just my 2 cents worth and I hope you get your issue resolved soon because I really do love my 2 Hopper system. Bill