Cant stay logged in

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
All of the sudden for the last week, I cant stay logged into this site.

For the last few months, I havent had to put my password in every single time I goto this site, but I forgot the password (was trying to check from another computer) and I set the password to a known value.

Ever since then, no matter what I do (deleted the cookie, cleared and reset firefox's password saving)

This happens on all of my computers.. I connect from three different machines most of the time, but even ones I havent tried before.

Just tonight, I had to type in my password three times, all from the same machine, not rebooting between, just about an hour of idle time....

oh yes, I have tried this with both Firefox 1.07 and 1.5RC2 and RC3.. both exhibit the same problem.

I have not tried it with IE, but I havent used IE in nearly a year now.

I am perfectly alright with it being my problem, just trying to nail it down :)

Also, speaking of which, my "custom tagline" option is missing in my control panel.. I know I had it at one time.. because I put in "I want my OTA HD", but the field has since disappeared so I cant change it.

I bugged Iceberg about this a while back, and he suggested I bug you Scott, I just didnt get around to it.

Perhaps my userprofile is messed up or something?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Is this happening to anyone else?
Happening to me on 3 different computers and in IE and Firefox

Edit:

Let me add that this all started after the g00n's incident for me.

I can try changing a cookie setting but if I do that there is a good chance that everyone will have to login again.

I can't wait to move to the new software. :D

Scott, I edited my post, but I see that chaddux and you have responded already.

This started after the g00n's hack.

SatinKzo said:
Scott, I edited my post, but I see that chaddux and you have responded already.

This started after the g00n's hack.

Have you tried to phyiscally delete the SatelliteGuys cookies from your system? Sometimes, "stale" cookies cause conflicts with new cookies. There may be two to delete. Simply "logging out" may not actually delete the cookie. It doesn't appear it worked for the OP but you can try it.

I suspect he has 2 cookies as well. When the g00ns hit we were switching back and forth between the old and new server when we were trying to narrow it down.

Between the two servers there is a good chance you got 2 cookies, one from each server.

cookies don't seem to be the issue as I cleared them on my 2 home systems and the 3rd system was a work computer that had never visited satguys until today.

I would expect multiple cookies to be more of an issue during a session instead of when coming back to the site. Literally, I can close my browser and come back and have to log in again.

well, I may have figured out my problem. I manually removed all references to satelliteguys.us in my index.dat files and restarted my system. Upon restarting I opened firefox and came to satelliteguys.us and viola! I was logged in already!

I just noticed that there were some cookies labeled "satelliteguys.us" and some labeled "www.satelliteguys.us"

I removed them all again (I didnt notice the latter last time) and this time it asked me if I wanted to save my password... I will try it again that way.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Is this happening to anyone else?
Yes and it has for quite some time for me. I searched for posts from other's having the problem and found NONE so I figured it was my problem and not a system-wide one. At that time, I did delete EVERY cookie that referenced satelliteguys in any way and it didn't help at all.

Even today, if I go to the main page, I won't be logged in. I can enter my info, check the box to remember me, login and get the "you will be redirected shortly...." page. When it's done, I'm not logged in. If I go to the main forum page, index.php?, I will be. I can then navigate to the main gate and my cookie works.

This may or may not help. I was having this problem about a month ago and I clicked on Default/Homepage under Site Navigation and it fixed me fromhaving to log in all the time.

For an update, I have stayed logged in since this post..

My fix was to delete the "www.satelliteguys.us" AND the "satelliteguys.us" cookies, as well as the "g00ns-forum.net" ones....

Thats good. :)

Tommorow when the site comes back online don't panic, you MIGHT have to login again. If you do there is nothing wrong, its just due to the software update. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)