Can't The Morons at Voom do Anything right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
I just found out that I've been charged 3 times this month for service. I got charged $95.99 on the 12th and now 2 more charges for $95.99 each today. My bank says they are not holds but actual charges from Voom. I called Voom and talked with a clueless CSR and then a supervisor. No help from either of them except for the supervisor saying she would escalate the matter but it can take up to 3-4 months to get my money back. I was installed in March and the billing has been perfect up until now. This is the last straw for me. I can put up with the bad PQ and buggy box but when they start taking my money I've had it. I have a deinstall for next Saturday. These morons are not getting another cent out of me. I have never dealt with a company that is so incompetent as Voom. Total and complete morons. Good luck to all but I have had it!

Bob

Hey get a hold of Wilt via e-mail, there seems to be some sort of growing billing bug (I seriously hope I don't catch it), and see if he can push this faster and get a free month of service credit out of it. Also I would tell the bank those charges are not authorized, only once a month, that they have to authorize it with you and they didn't .. they will stop that transaction.

Also call Voom back a few more times TODAY, and express you're outrage. What I think happened is that the 6.00 firmware was accidentally downloaded to the Voom Automated Account Manager software (the Voom VAAM), and screw it all up.

I caught that bug too. I noticed a charge on 7/6 which is my normal billing date, then another on 7/20. I noticed they had different NY ZIP codes on each (070404 on the 7/6 and 071904 on the 7/20). I'm going to email Wilt...

ram1220 said:
I just found out that I've been charged 3 times this month for service. I got charged $95.99 on the 12th and now 2 more charges for $95.99 each today. My bank says they are not holds but actual charges from Voom. I called Voom and talked with a clueless CSR and then a supervisor. No help from either of them except for the supervisor saying she would escalate the matter but it can take up to 3-4 months to get my money back. I was installed in March and the billing has been perfect up until now. This is the last straw for me. I can put up with the bad PQ and buggy box but when they start taking my money I've had it. I have a deinstall for next Saturday. These morons are not getting another cent out of me. I have never dealt with a company that is so incompetent as Voom. Total and complete morons. Good luck to all but I have had it!

Bob

I guess that is one way, be it not a legal one, to meet the required cash flow for the month. Is this a error on Voom's part or a sneaky way of borrowing your money for a few weeks? :shocked

Dvlos said:
Hey get a hold of Wilt via e-mail, there seems to be some sort of growing billing bug (I seriously hope I don't catch it), and see if he can push this faster and get a free month of service credit out of it. Also I would tell the bank those charges are not authorized, only once a month, that they have to authorize it with you and they didn't .. they will stop that transaction.
This is all excellent advice! :up

Dvlos said:
Also call Voom back a few more times TODAY, and express you're outrage. What I think happened is that the 6.00 firmware was accidentally downloaded to the Voom Automated Account Manager software (the Voom VAAM), and screw it all up.
Hmmm... :no

Just checked... My account is still ok.

Dvlos said:
Outstanding advice...and very funny too! :D

Damn them! They got me too. They charged me on 7/6/04 and that was correct. Then they charged me $81.08 ($25 more than it should be) on 7/19/04. Bastards!

well, I just checked, turns out my CC has 2 $90+ charges that were made on the same day, WTF????

I only have the standard package + 1 premium so there is no way in hell I should be charged for the full TWICE... wtf is going on here??

im sorry for wilt, but this is bull..

Winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOOM reminds me of vegas. lots of glitz, promises (it stays in VEGAS)

I hope VOOM doesnt CRAP out on the tyson fight...

Ohh and i must be the winner tonight I got a $43.00 credit

Someone should run a book on installs we could bet on installers to see if they get it right or not..Hmmm better yet a reality show, I for one have had some entertaining cartoon characters in my home..

MR.C
ViVA VA VOOM

I emailed Wilt and we'll see what happens. I hope he can help. I also told him that I really don't want to cancel but unless this is fixed that I will go ahead with the deinstall. It just amazed me to no end the new things that this company finds to screw up.

Bob

Happened to me as well I just checked....came out on the 6th and the 19th. WTF is up with that?

Me too,, I was charged my monthly rate.. 6/28 and again, 7/13. I called and the CSR was "mystified"...it was sent to an escalation team...you would think this would be a computerized, automatic thing.. like earthlink, AOL, etc.

:(

The worst part of the whole thing was that the supervisor kept insisting that the charges are just holds. I told her that I had already contacted the bank and was told no they are not holds but are actual charges from Voom. So Voom is not admitting any charges have been made. Very very frustrating.

If this happens to me I will call and cancel. I already got a free month from them for the incompetence from them lying about when I would be billed in the first place and second why I have 2 service calls that they have yet to schedule.

Well, I checked my account as well as there were two charges for the month of July. However, I also went back and checked my June statement online and there are no charges for Voom. So in my case, the July 5th payment seems to be the June payment that was processed late for some reason. This may be the case for others as well.

Is it possible that people are being switched from billing behind to billing ahead? This has happened to me more times than I can count with ISPs, cable cos, etc. No problems on my end but I'm nervous.

Yeah that makes sense, the first bill date is on the day of install -- I assume that activating the receivers activates billing too.

If you threaten to cancel the CSR will jump at giving you a free month to keep you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)