CaptiveWorks 600S Premium - Set Up Help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

albanopolis2002

Original poster
May 16, 2006
I just received a CaptiveWorks CW-600S Premium, 90cm Dish, DiSEqC 1.2 Rotor, Invacom SNH-031 LNBF, 4x1 Diseqc Switch, and a null cable.

I have set up the dish as instructed in the installation instructions. I live in Sterling Heights, Michigan (Zip Code 48310) and set the rotor at 42.4 deg. Latitude. & dish elevation ~23.5 deg.

I cannot get the receiver to find any satellite signals whatsoever. I have set the dish angle at every angle from 0 deg to 60 deg and scanned from horizon to horizon and still get no signal. The only thing I get is Strength: 80%; Quality is 0%

Does the receiver need to be configured or something? Do I need to Upload software, channel list ?

The set up instructions that come with CaptiveWorks are poor and vague. Is there any help available?

I was referred to this forum for help.

Thanks in advance

Who referred to to this column and where did you purchase your system?
Receive systems most definitely have to be configured with proper local oscillator settings for each satellite, as well as physically aligned to track the arc.
Please supply more details and maybe we can help.

Well on the bright side, you do have a true south satellite. There may not be anything on it, but you have a TS satellite : )

What kind of motor did you get? Each motor has different instructions. But what I would do is remove all switches & the motor and just see if you can get something so you know where in the sky you need to aim and that everything works

You’re at 42.56N 83.07W. AMC9 is your true south satellite
So do the following to make sure everything is working

-hook up cable from receiver to LNB (the “L” side)
-Bring up screen on Captiveworks and select AMC9 (83W)
-scroll down to LNB power or LNB LO…should be 10750
-go down to where the transponder list is and see if there is one fo the following there
12140 freq
V polarity
30000 symbol rate

12160 freq
H polarity
30000 symbol rate

You want to be on one of those to aim the dish. The elevation on the dish (for fixed) is 41. Azimuth (left right) is 185. That should get you in the ballpark on where to aim for your true south. Also, signal strength means squat. Quality is what you need.

Once you get TS then we can work on adding the motor

Ice, he's got the universal SNH Invacom (not the quad polar), so the L.O. would be 9750/10600. First SNH I've seen in awhile... Almost everyone here is getting the Invacom QPH, which is a standard with L.O. of 10750 on the L side and 11250 on the C side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.