Captiveworks CW-600

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
I am aware this is a very old thread but I am having a problem adding a missing sat on the list, 43W to be precise but when I add it , it adds as 43E no matter if I select West or East. Seems to do it for every sat orbital position, and of course the rotor wont move as it is out of range. Blind Scan BTW is a joke !!!. So I decided to use SatcoDX to update all the sats, TP's and channels on the receiver but so far a no go either . It does not seem to add anything . The OP asked that question but no one answered it. Does anyone have an update on SatcoDX and this Captiveworks 600S premium receiver?. Or is it just another false advertising like blind Scan and USALS!!! (it works but not reliably like with the Coolsat)

broke off of old thread

I think to add it you have to take the sat you want and subtract it from 360

so 43W would be 360-43=317E

oh , thanks so much, you are a saviour today!!! I will try that, I guess I would have never thought of that myself, not in a million years!!.

What about SatcoDX? , (althought not so necessary now) Does it actually works on this receiver?.

Iceberg , Thanks for trying to help but it does not work.

First , there is no way to enter any number higher than 189

Second , any number you enter , it just end up being ###E , it does not seems to calculate 360 - ###.

I also reseted the receiver to factory defaults. I also went to the manufacturer website and reloaded the factory firmware. And still nothing . I ran out of ideas , that is why I googled it and run into the old thread and decided to post it.

crap. I thought that was the way to do it.

Hopefully someone can chime in...if you punch in the numbers (say 43.0) can you hit OK on the E and make it change to W? I know the Coolsat 5000 I can do that when adding a sat

well on the premium version , it actually has a box to select either east or west . the problem is , it does not matter if I select east or west when adding a new sat , it always end up being E on the list and always the USALS GO to XX box says out of range of course. I live on 79W therefore 43E is out of range of the HH90. The rename function only changes the name of the sat not the orbital position . there is no way to edit the orbital position other than creating a new sat entry.

I manage to use USALS on this receiver (reworked on the plumbliness of the tripod) but I prefer the Coolsat 6000 premium. BTW the coolsat blind scan did not find a few low SR channels that the captiveworks does find (CW has them in its TP list otherwise a no go because the blind scan is indeed blind, do not find anything!!).

Thanks anyways for trying to help , if anyone who owns a CW 600S premium has any confirmed info , I would appreciate it of course.

The only solution I am thinking is to create a channel list or sat list with another receiver or some software. I think I read here from you guys that there is a Channel Master Editor to acomplish this. Will it work with the CW?, Could I add new sats with the Editor? where could I find it?.

Can you download the Channel list to a PC, enter the "West" and upload back?
Also, when you setup USALS for 43, is the Orbital Slot editable there?

no it is not editable (it only allows me to move auto , move by selectable steps , move continously , go to position , save , go to reference, and go to X.X) but I will try creating and editing a channel list tomorrow. I see no other way. It is obviously a flaw on the firmware but like I said I even downloaded the latest firmware from CW website and still always ends up being 43E.

how do I edit the channel list, with the Channel master editor (does not seem to include CW BTW) or just any text editor will do?

Just adding an unhelpful metoo - I had deleted and reentered and had the same problem. However, having a fixed dish system it was a non issue.

ok , the Channel Master editor does not have CW receivers on the receiver list to connect to , but on the changes log several versions ago it says it added support for CW 600S standard and premium . Does anyone knows which receiver to select from the list to "emulate" the CW 600S premium?.

BTW I read the help file for the CM editor and I do not think I can edit the 43E sat into 43W. Or is it possible?

clone list

ok , the Channel Master editor does not have CW receivers on the receiver list ...
Does anyone knows which receiver to select from the list to "emulate" the CW 600S premium?.
I ran across this site the other day while searching for something else.
It's got page after page of who's-a-clone-to-who.
I have no idea if it's a legit or hacker site nor can I vouch for the info, but if you are willing to dig through all the info listed, you might find your answer. :cool:

Maybe I'm missing something here but couldn't you just delete the existing satellites, add them back as E instead of W, and then change your latitude to E and longitude to S? That should work as long as there aren't any satellites in the eastern hemisphere that you want to see. Hopefully that makes sense :D

just an update. after registering on the CM editor forums I found out that instead of using the Connect to STB option or icon (it only shows a few receivers) one should select the Import Wizard under the File Menu where almost every receiver appears on the list. I will play with it tomorrow and see what can be done.

perfect! with the CM editor I added the sat 43W and TP's and now it works like a charm!. Thanks to the motor I do not have to go outside with this weather!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts