Capture DVR recordings to VCR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pastamaker

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Have a 508 DVR. Want to capture a recording (or at least TV feed) to VCR. I have hooked up the VCR to the RCA output 1 on the 508. Do I need to do anything else? So far I have recorded nothing in my attemps.

Thx

What Bobby said. :)

Set your TV to the VCR feed. Make sure you can see the VCR menus and watch a tape.

Now, blank tape and hit record. You should be able to see whatever the 508 is showing. Menus, video, whatever - it should be visible on your TV. If not, the the problem lies in the hookup from the 508 to the VCR, and/or the VCR input setting.

Next Step

I bought an ILO DVD recorder at Walmart for $149. I have a RCA standalone DVR and I record most programs in "standard" mode. The other day I hooked my ILO to it and recorded from DVR. Outstanding quality. The ILO is a Lite-On 5001 I think and I have not had any problems with it. I did buy a 3 year warranty for it for $16.

I also heard on TV that DVD recorders are outselling VCRs by 40 to 1. And DVD blank disks are getting cheaper all the time. I just bought 50 for $29 and the prices are even lower now! :)

MrM

I didnt even know that a warranty was available through Wal-Mart for their electronics. $16 is pretty cheap considering what places like Circuit City Sears want to charge you for extended warranties.

$16 is over 10% of the cost of the electronics as stated. The big boxes don't charge quite that much as a rule.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts