Car speaker and XM FM modulater Problem, Need Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
I have two problems running my XM Roadie in my company van that I drive. First Problem is that the vans factory radio's volume control is broken and stuck at the same level, can not adjust volume up or down and can barely here it with road noises when driving on the express way, turning the audio up on the Roadie does not help much. Second problem is with the FM modulator built in to the electrical adapter plug, all the available FM frequencies here in Chattanooga TN are either taken up by a local station or are experiencing bleed over from an adjacent local station and bleeds through at times, sometime completely over powering my XM signal. I also have another power adapter and a cassette adapter except my company van does not have a cassette player, my personal car does but not the van, AM/FM only. Any sugestions? I have seen the cradle with built in speakers for XM receivers and one from Crutchfield but these are much more money then I am willing to spend at this time. Any cheep self powered speakers available out their that I could use to plug in the Roady directly too and then use the regular electrical adapter for power? Or a cheap and small boom box with cassette player that I could place on the dash of my Ford E250 van.

Sirius_Rich said:
Boom Box, maybe?

Thats likely the rout I may take, I have seen some for $20. If I go the boom box rout I would prefer one that is small enough to place on the dash of my van, I already have a cooler between my front seats to keep my Diet MD Code Reds cold :) and need to leave room so I can swing my feet around and go to the rear of the van without having to go outside, I transport wheel chair patients and need easy access to the front tie down straps for the wheel chairs.

I have also considered going to a junk yard and buying a factory radio/cassette combo from a wrecked Ford E series van or get a cheapie after market radio/cassette deck with an install Kit and install It myself if I can get permission from my boss, but the boom box idea or self powered speakers would be the simplest way to go I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts