Carbon UI Issues Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Minutes, not hours. Really not even minutes, it's not quite instant, but it's fast.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Any way I can get my timers back? I still have the old receiver. I was going to try and unpair the remote, pair it to the old receiver, backup the timers,pair it again to the new receiver and try to import the backup again.

Yes, definitely try that. What many people run into is the receiver/remote apparently do auto-backups as well so after they do a restore and it doesn't work, at some point, the new receiver backs up nothing to the remote and wipes out your 'old' backup. By "nothing", I mean your new receiver has no timers set up, so there's no entries, but it still backs things up.

You're lucky - most people don't have their old receiver. They either send it back before they realize what's wrong or the technician takes it back.

When I watchd a program on one of my external HDs, I stop the recording when finished and click to delete. The HWS/CUI ask me to confirm the delete, but when I press yes, it takes me back to the previous screen. The only way out of this loop is to press live program button and I get live tv. When go back to the ext HD , the program has been deleted, but this is a pain in the a** each time and Dish needs to fix it. Am I the only one that has this bug?

Anyone having problems with their Joey going out? The latest Dish system-wide upgrade has been a technological boondoggle that has affected HWS and H3's in many areas.

At first, my H3 spent about 10 days refusing to record anything at all, even timers. Essentially it was turned into a non-recording receiver. Dish said they were aware of the problem and that the techs were trying to figure out what went wrong -- but could give me no timeframe on when that would happen.

A few days later, the H3 began recording again. But now, for the past 10 days, my Joey keeps going out after I put a live channel on. It will go to the channel (doesn't matter which channel) and, when I look at the TV 20 minutes later, I find that the video and audio are both out. Just a blank screen and silence. If I jog the receiver up and down one channel, it restores the channel -- for another 15-20 minutes and then it goes out again.

Again, Dish told me it is aware of this "known issue" and that they are trying to fix it. What kind of company is allowed to continually destroy the service it is charging lots of $$$ to provide? I can't believe there are not newspaper articles about this, unless it's just a few isolated cases. I've read other threads where others are having the same problems, so it can't just be me.

In any case, I've grown weary of these technological terrors brought forth by "experts" who are supposed to be professional programmers. I have 14 months left on my 2-year agreement and Dish has told me they will NOT waive it if I decide to leave out of frustration. They'll knock $10 off your next bill, toss a few free movie channels at you for a month, but will not let you out of a very bad contract.

Last I heard from Dish, they were complying with my suggestion that my entire history of complaints be forwarded to Charlie's office. Been another week, though, and have not heard anything else.

All I want is competent performance at a decent price. And I am getting neither.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)