Status
Please reply by conversation.

Grampa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Other than the X-TV card, what can I do with the reader? Grampa

dfergie

Its not a bad subject. Its a legit option....card reader means it can be used for subscription X-Tv and maybe Globecast down the road...

Would be neat if you could subscribe to the other channels using one receiver, but I guess that is down the road aways.

hohhhh, thanks Iceberg for leaving this thread open and thanks Scott for answering the question, I was just thinking to start a new thread to ask about what I can do by my card readers slots if allover the web the word smart cards cause toruble and cause fear, anyway I was going to call this thread ''not a hack talk'', but now no need for, thanks so much.

And I was wondering why my Pansat5000 have 2 slots if there is only X card, now sound like a future setup, and that part of what I like about this piece of equipment.

But Gooooood I cannot believe it, really it was suprise to me your answer because I was thinking that there are bunchs of this stuff but to end with one that totally a suprise and disappointing too because I was thinking that there will be a varity of choices.

Here I am a human and here it is my imagination

Thanks

I never knew why some needed 2 slots :)

The only things I know of that can use it are Globecast (some receivers), Free X Tv and a subscription service on Hispasat 1 over at 30W

check ebay out dude. I think I seen some card readers on there that support recievers like coolsat and I believe one of the new recievers "viewsat". also I believe globo can use one of the technotrend units if I'm not mistaken. I would die for a subscription to Setanta sport on T5.

Iceberg said:
I never knew why some needed 2 slots :)

Maybe just a fancy addition, abd maybe pansat as example trying to login into the European market, I am sure the market there is more rich in this stuff.

I wonder if anybody has information if pansat is working outside US or not, dose Pansat exist in the global market guys or is it just inside the jail of the American continent?

I read on one of the forums a little while back where it was required in one of the countries (I think in Europe) to where the manufacturers were required to make the receivers have two card slots or compatable with all the providers or something like that.

Iceberg said:
Card slots are bigger in europe due to the larger use of FTA

I wish the US would take a lesson from the Europeans for once. :yes

questic said:
I wish the US would take a lesson from the Europeans for once. :yes

I agree with you man, really the FTA world in US should be given more tolerance and should be encourged more too like Europe and North Africa, the people need some freedom with no pressures, and I hope the monopoly of DTV and DNT will not stand against the progress and the devlopment of the FTA in the future, I believe in balance and justice, so there should be balance, not all the way right or all the way left, people have been born free my friend.

Just a dream, and the furture is coming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)